Another excel question

So I have 40+ reports I have to do every week for clients. The only way I can get this data is basically a data dump from Epicor into excel.

I then have to delete columns I don’t need, resize, and then copy/paste that data into a PDF. It doesn’t have to be a pdf - I can copy/paste it directly into an email if I want. But pdf looks better.

Is there a solution that will allow me to copy to excel, then dump that entire sheet into a program/engine that then spits out a final polished product?

Getting Epicor on-site is another issue - it y’all have a contact there PM me.

Chatgpt can at least build a macro for you in excel that will take care of the formatting/data management. Not sure what epicor is though. Willing to wager a basic ass ‘programmer’ can automate whole thing for a few hundred bucks. 

9 hours ago, Handcruser said:

So I have 40+ reports I have to do every week for clients. The only way I can get this data is basically a data dump from Epicor into excel.

I then have to delete columns I don’t need, resize, and then copy/paste that data into a PDF. It doesn’t have to be a pdf - I can copy/paste it directly into an email if I want. But pdf looks better.

Is there a solution that will allow me to copy to excel, then dump that entire sheet into a program/engine that then spits out a final polished product?

Getting Epicor on-site is another issue - it y’all have a contact there PM me.

I don't know enough about Epicor to streamline your scraping of data from it. But, if the information is consistently in the same format, then you can probably avoid deleting columns and resizing (and whatever other transformational steps you want) by using Excel PowerQuery/Getdata.

Basically, Sheet1 is going to be your data dump sheet for Epicor. You'll copy your new information there every time you have a new data dump. With the data selected, go to the Data tab of excel and select Get Data - From Table/Range. That'll bring up the PowerQuery Editor. There, you can delete columns, rename, resize, and do a bunch of other transformational steps to get it to look like however you want. You'll click "Close & Load" once you are finished and it'll bring up the data in a new sheet (Sheet2). From now on, you can then copy new data into Sheet1 and then go to Sheet2 and on the Queries & Connections sidebar, right click and hit refresh. The updated data will now be reflected in Sheet2 with all your transformational steps applied. 

• Hook 'Em 2