As of today, how do you think you will vote in the midterm election 7/18? POLL

BNB

Midterm Poll  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to vote primarily Democrat, Republican, Other, or Undecided?

• Republican
    • Democrat
    • Other
    • Undecided

1 hour ago, RandomIdoit said:

Then I asked which laws are racist. I agreed separating families is targeted at Mexican and Central American immigrants is racist but as someone else pointed out, it's not actually a law. 

You quoted a question starting with "if". That's not how statements work.

Our overall immigration regime is racist.

2 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

So it's a hypothetical racist law that he is hypothetically supporting. Got it.

Yes, because he made a generalized statement:

"Meanwhile, pointing out that a nation of laws should act like a nation of laws gets you labeled a racist."

There is no "law" that the families must be separated. That is a policy of the executive, which is what I have called it this whole time.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Yes, because he made a generalized statement:

"Meanwhile, pointing out that a nation of laws should act like a nation of laws gets you labeled a racist."

There is no "law" that the families must be separated. That is a policy of the executive, which is what I have called it this whole time.

So just to recap, you are unsure if there are any racist laws or not. But the laws that we do have are racist because the immigration regime we have is racist and enforcing the laws is racist. Also, when the laws were written, they became racist laws because the people who passed the law were racist nationalists.

1 minute ago, RandomIdoit said:

So just to recap, you are unsure if there are any racist laws or not. But the laws that we do have are racist because the immigration regime we have is racist and enforcing the laws is racist. Also, when the laws were written, they became racist laws because the people who passed the law were racist nationalists.

Why are you so intent on putting words in my mouth?

I cannot name any specific laws that are racist or not racist, because I don't know the actual laws as passed by Congress vs. the policies of the Executive.

A law, as written, can avoid explicit racism but still have been motivated by racist sentiment. I don't know how that statement could be considered even the least bit controversial.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why are you so intent on putting words in my mouth?

I cannot name any specific laws that are racist or not racist, because I don't know the actual laws as passed by Congress vs. the policies of the Executive.

A law, as written, can avoid explicit racism but still have been motivated by racist sentiment. I don't know how that statement could be considered even the least bit controversial.

How do you know this? 

Just now, bad_teammate said:

How do I know that laws can be motivated by racist sentiment? Are you fucking mentally handicapped?

They can be motivated by the temperature of the room, that doesn't mean they are. They CAN be motivated by anything, but you are just making an assumption.

2 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

They can be motivated by the temperature of the room, that doesn't mean they are. They CAN be motivated by anything, but you are just making an assumption.

That's all I fucking said, so what the hell are you arguing about?

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That's all I fucking said, so what the hell are you arguing about?

You can be Donald Trump posting on a message board. This site can be run by Daniel Figurelli. Laws can be made because people are racists. All of congress can be racists, the president who signs the bill can be racist, the supreme court who rule on the constitutionality of the laws can be racists. Racists, racists, racists. This is a fun game.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 3:09 AM, Hefeweizen said:

Lol at me voting D, but that's where we are.  Furk.

Yeah. If you'd told past me that I'd ever vote straight-party anything, I'd get mad at you. If you'd told me I'd vote straight-ticket Democrat, I'd laugh!