As of today, how do you think you will vote in the midterm election 7/18? POLL

BNB

Midterm Poll  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to vote primarily Democrat, Republican, Other, or Undecided?

• Republican
    • Democrat
    • Other
    • Undecided

29 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Can you point to me in the Democratic platform where it supports open borders? Or is this just a lie you’ve allowed yourself to be brainwashed by amongst many other things?

Can you point to me the Democratic platform period?  They won't come out and say they are for open borders but if you ask them what changes they want made in immigration laws and policies they never answer the question.  

I won't necessarily vote straight Republican.  I would vote for an independent or libertarian if I like their ideas.  Until the Democrats pull their heads out of their asses and stop moving batshit left I will not vote for one for any position involved on any level of government period.  They are so full of hate right now they are blind to the reality that they are acting more like fascists than Trump or any other Republican.  I would honestly fear for this country right now if Democrats controlled both houses and the White House.  I never felt that way even when Obama was president.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

Can you point to me the Democratic platform period?  They won't come out and say they are for open borders but if you ask them what changes they want made in immigration laws and policies they never answer the question.  

I won't necessarily vote straight Republican.  I would vote for an independent or libertarian if I like their ideas.  Until the Democrats pull their heads out of their asses and stop moving batshit left I will not vote for one for any position involved on any level of government period.  They are so full of hate right now they are blind to the reality that they are acting more like fascists than Trump or any other Republican.  I would honestly fear for this country right now if Democrats controlled both houses and the White House.  I never felt that way even when Obama was president.

Here you go.

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

See above. Now, this idea the Democrats want open borders is ridiculous. Please provide real proof, not just fox news bits. We see OnBoard is already brainwashed, can you point to real proof that the Democratic Party is working toward open borders?

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm voting against every incumbent on my ballot, which means I'm probably voting straight ticket D since I'm in Texas. 

I'm in NY. The weird thing is that my local races used to have socially left, economically right Republicans. They sometimes won.  Now they have Trumpers with no chance. 

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I haven't voted for a Republican since 2000. I'm not going to start now.

no shit DD?  I thought for sure you'd be voting for Teddy C.

Voting for Beto bc he seems genuine and not cuntish, unlike his competition.  Will leave everything else blank.

I think both parties have gone bat shit crazy towards their own extremes.  I voted for Trump because Hilary scared me and I figured that no one would play ball with Trump so he really wouldn't do much harm,  basically wasting 4 years.  The idea of having a split government is great at this point as neither side has it's shit together.  Anyone telling you otherwise is full of shit.  I haven't really looked at everything yet in regards to the upcoming election though.  I prefer to have a split government after both the 2018 and 2020 elections.

Edited by txhorns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

I think both parties have gone bats hit crazy towards their own extremes.  I voted for Trump because Hilary scared me and I figured that no one would play ball with Trump so he really wouldn't do much harm,  basically wasting 4 years.  The idea of having a split government is great at this point as neither side has it's shit together.  Anyone telling you otherwise is full of shit.  I haven't really looked at everything yet in regards to the upcoming election though.  I prefer to have a split government after both the 2018 and 2020 elections.

Nope. Time to fuck shit up. Get the olds out of government and hand it over the next generation. If that means D control for a while, so be it. The R's have already proven they don't deserve to rule.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Also, kinda stunned to see ~77% for D in that poll. Seems like it would have been more 50/50 on the old board or even leaning more R. Guess those were a bunch of old luddites and bots on the other site.

Or a bunch of the Republicans now avoid the Politics board because they got tired of being called a racist after every post.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Maybe I've just been conditioned to expect it.  My apologies if that was not your intention.  

You flop like a fucking soccer player when someone challenges you. No one calls you anything but you scream like a bitch at the ref, "HE CALLED ME RACIST!"

11 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Nope. Time to fuck shit up. Get the olds out of government and hand it over the next generation. If that means D control for a while, so be it. The R's have already proven they don't deserve to rule.

While I agree, it's important to remember that that's not on the ballot this year.   The choice is split government vs. a blank check for Trump.   We can try to persuade independents and moderate Rs to go all Dem in 2020, but they don't have to agree with us to vote all Dem in 2018 because the presidency will remain in R hands.  In fact, the new SCOTUS justice makes voting R for Senate even less important for conservatives; they now have their fifth vote for every ideological issue, and RGB's replacement staying with the Ds, if that should even happen, is just more balance. 

And sending a wakeup call to the Rs, and the message that they lost because of Trump, will only improve the R party by 2020.  Trump might even get a strong primary challenge.    Voting R in 2018 just solidifies the Rs as the Party of Trump. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

In fact, the new SCOTUS justice makes voting R for Senate even less important for conservatives; they now have their fifth vote for every ideological issue, 

This is a good point, and one I’ve recently considered emphasizing.  Look, you held your nose and voted for an immoral shitbag for one reason: tilting the Court against Roe.  Mission accomplished.  Trump’s served his purpose, and the bad outweighs the good going forward.  Time to vote him out in favor of moral leadership.

On the other hand, there has been speculation that Trump will pick a justice who won’t overturn Roe.  I wonder if that’s strategic.  Keep that carrot dangling just out of reach.  

Just now, BrickHorn said:

This is a good point, and one I’ve recently considered emphasizing.  Look, you held your nose and voted for an immoral shitbag for one reason: tilting the Court against Roe.  Mission accomplished.  Trump’s served his purpose, and the bad outweighs the good going forward.  Time to vote him out in favor of moral leadership.

On the other hand, there has been speculation that Trump will pick a justice who won’t overturn Roe.  I wonder if that’s strategic.  Keep that carrot dangling just out of reach.  

Exactly — if that happens, there's no point in voting for Rs on the basis of overturning Roe anyway. 

22 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Or a bunch of the Republicans now avoid the Politics board because they got tired of being called a racist after every post.

No kidding.  Just look at everyone calling Hate a racist one whole page ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Well, here is what I stand for and you tell me how I should vote:

1.  I'm against open borders, but I do support legal immigration.  I did not agree with the "Syrian airlift" that Obama started and that Clinton wanted to double.  

2.  I wouldn't say I support abortion as I think the idea is abhorrent, but I realize that as a society we are probably better off without thousands of unwanted and unsupported kids.

3.  I support "Republican" platforms as far as the economy goes.  I'm not one of those that pretends that Republicans care about the debt more than the Democrats, because neither has shown that they do.  

4.  I didn't agree with the Iran deal or the Paris Climate change deal. 

5.  I didn't agree with the ACA being shoved down our throats.  

6.  I support gay marriage.

7.  I support legal and the decriminalization of other drugs.  I would commute marijuana sentences and turn those empty prison beds into treatment centers.

These are just a few off the top of my head.  

You should vote Libertarian in national races and Democrat in state races.

Nothing about this list says you should vote straight Republican.

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You should vote Libertarian in national races and Democrat in state races.

Nothing about this list says you should vote straight Republican.

What if the state level Democrat is anti-liberty?

44 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You flop like a fucking soccer player when someone challenges you. No one calls you anything but you scream like a bitch at the ref, "HE CALLED ME RACIST!"

In defense of Hate, Pancho has been throwing out the R-card for awhile. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Annie said:

What if the state level Democrat is anti-liberty?

What does that have to do with his list? On every single item on his list where State laws would matter he holds the Democrat position. #2 - pragmatically not opposed to abortion, if Roe v. Wade is overturned then it abortion will be illegal in Texas but he doesn't actually care that strongly either way. #3 he doesn't give enough info. #6 is the Democrat position at the State level. #7 is the Democrat position at the State level.

45 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

While I agree, it's important to remember that that's not on the ballot this year.   The choice is split government vs. a blank check for Trump.   We can try to persuade independents and moderate Rs to go all Dem in 2020, but they don't have to agree with us to vote all Dem in 2018 because the presidency will remain in R hands.  In fact, the new SCOTUS justice makes voting R for Senate even less important for conservatives; they now have their fifth vote for every ideological issue, and RGB's replacement staying with the Ds, if that should even happen, is just more balance. 

And sending a wakeup call to the Rs, and the message that they lost because of Trump, will only improve the R party by 2020.  Trump might even get a strong primary challenge.    Voting R in 2018 just solidifies the Rs as the Party of Trump. 

What a crock of bs. 

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh good a how many crocks of shit can you find puzzle.

1.  Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.

It's a simple but powerful idea: we are stronger together.

2. where every child can live up to his or her God-given potential. (To be fair this line is a crock of shit no matter what political party uses it.  Every child is never going to live up to his or her God given potential unless that optimum potential levels off at the category of fuck up.)

3.  We firmly believe that the greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior on Wall Street must be brought to an end. Wall Street must never again be allowed to threaten families and businesses on Main Street.  (Who did the Democrat Party nominate for president in 2016?  Of course technically there is nothing in the platform about greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior in Washington D.C. or anyplace else not on Wall Street.)

4. Democrats believe that climate change poses a real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children's health and futures, and that Americans deserve the jobs and security that come from becoming the clean energy superpower of the 21st century.   (Who gives a shit?  I'm voting for members of Congress and state legislators.  I'm not voting for the mayor of Berkeley.  Voters don't give a shit about climate change when it comes to national elections and national politics.)

5.  Democrats believe we are stronger and safer when America brings the world together and leads with principle and purpose. We believe we should strengthen our alliances, not weaken them. We believe in the power of development and diplomacy. We believe our military should be the best-trained, best-equipped fighting force in the world, and that we must do everything we can to honor and support our veterans.   (Then explain why every Democrat is so damn concerned about the treatment of illegal immigrants at the border but I have not heard one Democrat mouthpiece--Pelosi, Schumer, Schitz, Waters, Sanders, etc. utter one peep about the thousands of homeless veterans across the nation.)

6.  Above all, Democrats are the party of inclusion. We know that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise. As Democrats, we respect differences of perspective and belief, and pledge to work together to move this country forward, even when we disagree. With this platform, we do not merely seek common ground—we strive to reach higher ground.  (  There are over 325 million examples of diversity in this country today.  This is not a problem.  And if it was the party that doesn't believe diversity exists unless every single person in America believes exactly like they do on every political issue is not going to solve it.)

7.  Democrats believe that the current minimum wage is a starvation wage and must be increased to a living wage. No one who works full time should have to raise a family in poverty. We believe that Americans should earn at least $15 an hour and have the right to form or join a union and will work in every way we can—in Congress and the federal government, in states and with the private sector—to reach this goal.

(You can't create something without also creating a cost of that something.  This also applies to the moronic notions of free housing for all, free college educations for all, free health care for all, and free anything else you can think of for all.  The only people who have free housing are the homeless and the children that have not been kicked out of mommy and daddy's house yet.  Your labor is worth exactly what you and your employer agree to compensate you for it, nothing more and nothing less.  Labor is a good and that rule applies to all goods.  The value of a good is exactly what the buyer and seller agree the value of it is, not what some idiot in Congress thinks the value of it should be.  That is how markets work.  The job market is, well the name is self-explanatory.  Forced government manipulation of the labor market works as well as forced government manipulation of any other market.)

8.  All the Democratic claptrap about unions.   (The following section of the platform provides such an honest and brutal motive to their concerns that I am surprised it has not been removed.)  "We will continue to vigorously oppose those laws and other efforts that would ...restrict the use of voluntary membership payments for political purposes..."  (How dare you even think of drying up our political slush funds.)

9.  While Donald Trump thinks it is "dangerous" for women to leave the home   ( Unless they are leaving home to become Ambassador to the U.N., head of the Department of Education, CIA Director, White House press secretary,  a general in the Marines, possibly a justice in the Supreme Court etc.)

10.  Democrats believe that we should provide more federal resources to the people struggling most with unaffordable housing: low-income families, people with disabilities, veterans, and the elderly.  (Now believing in explaining to anyone where the money for these federal resources is going to come from is another story.)

11.  We will engage in a stronger, more coordinated, and better funded partnership among federal, state, and local governments to end chronic homelessness for millions of Americans. 

(A more coordinated partnership among federal, state, and local governments has never ended anything in America other than those better funds.)

12.  The United States Postal Service (USPS) is a national treasure. That is why Democrats embrace a vibrant, public Postal Service that offers universal service, and reject any effort to privatize or marginalize it.   (The Post Office is part your platform?  Were you thinking we really need an issue even fewer people care about than climate change?)

13.  Democrats know that nothing is more important than creating good-paying jobs that can support a middle-class life—from nurses, firefighters, and teachers to construction workers, factory workers, and small business owners. That is why we are committed to doing everything we can to build a full-employment economy, where everyone has a job that pays enough to raise a family and live in dignity with a sense of purpose.  (Trump is busy checking this one of for you.  Look at the bright side, when you remove it from your platform it will be that fewer trees needed to make a print out of your platform.)

14.   We will address the backlog of deferred maintenance in our four key public land management agencies.   (We will address the deficiencies of our federal government by having the federal government fix the deficiencies of the federal government.  Good plan, I wonder why the post office and Amtrak never thought of it.)

15.  Democrats will also create an independent, national infrastructure bank that will support critical infrastructure improvements  ( Oh good a bank created specifically for governments and politicians,  no downside to this idea at all.  This is like creating a still for alcoholics.)

16.  Fostering a Manufacturing Renaissance  (Trump is checking this one off for you too.  Even less trees, yeah!  See we conservatives can care about the environment.)

17.  . We will nurture the next generation of scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs, especially women and people of color, to make sure America continues to out-compete and out-innovate the rest of the world with our bold innovation agenda. (If these women and people of color are capable of making sure America continues to out-compete and out-innovate the rest of the world why do they need nurturing?  What makes innovators innovators are that they nurture themselves.  The only thing government is capable of nurturing is more government.)

18.   Pushing beyond the boundaries of what we know is core to who we are as Americans. Democrats are immensely proud of all that the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has done—through its achievements in science, technology and exploration—to better understand our place in the universe and inspire and educate generations of young people in this country to pursue careers in science. Space exploration is a reminder that our capacity for curiosity is limitless, and may be matched only by our ability to achieve great things if we work together. Democrats believe in continuing the spirit of discovery that has animated NASA's exploration of space over the last half century. We will strengthen support for NASA and work in partnership with the international scientific community to launch new missions to space.  (And exactly how is this any different from Trump's position on NASA?)

19.  The Democratic Party will make it easier to start and grow a small business in America, unlike Donald Trump, who has often stiffed small businesses—nearly bankrupting some—with his deceptive and reckless corporate practices. By supporting small business and entrepreneurship, we can grow jobs faster in America. We will cut the red tape that holds back small businesses and entrepreneurs.  (Oh please, the party of government regulation, especially in regards to business and commerce is inserting government deregulation of small business in its platform?  This is like Republicans promising to cut defense spending.)

20.  That is why Democrats will provide direct federal funding for a range of local programs that will put young people to work and create new career opportunities.  (Particularly new career opportunities in procuring federal funding.)

21.  Reining in Wall Street and Fixing our Financial System  (cue the P.J. O'Rourke quote about what happens when legislators are put in charge of what is bought and sold.)

22.  Democrats will fight to end institutional and systemic racism in our society. (Done already, Civil Rights Act of 1964 out front should have told you.  If your country just finished electing an African-American for two terms as president your country does not have institutional and systemic racism, there may still be racism but it is not a function of the government and society as a whole.)

23.  Democrats believe it is long past time to close this racial wealth gap. Disparities in wealth cannot be solved by the free market alone, but instead, the federal government must play a role in eliminating systemic barriers to wealth accumulation for different racial groups and improving opportunities for people from all racial and ethnic backgrounds to build wealth. Federal policies must remove barriers to achieving sustainable homeownership, provide for greater diversity in federal and state contracting practices, incentivize and expand access to retirement investment programs, increase opportunities for quality jobs and education, and challenge the deeply rooted structures that perpetuate and exacerbate current disparities and ultimately stagnate the nation's economic growth and security.  (See above about government manipulating markets.)

24.  Research and evidence, rather than slogans and sound bites, must guide criminal justice policies.  (Insert snarky Hands Up Don't Shoot comment here.)

25.  We will abolish the death penalty, which has proven to be a cruel and unusual form of punishment.   (So is watching Congress on C-SPAN.  No one is throwing the idea of pulling the plug on that around.)

26.  The Democratic Party supports legal immigration, within reasonable limits, that meets the needs of families, communities, and the economy as well as maintains the United States' role as a beacon of hope for people seeking safety, freedom, and security  (And most importantly meets the needs of Democrat voting rolls.)

27.  We will promote best practices among local law enforcement, in terms of how they collaborate with federal authorities,  (Pretty sloppy editing here, you expect me to believe that no one involved in drafting this platform knows how to spell if?  Here's a hint it's a two letter word and none of the letters are h, o, or w.)

28.  We will work to ensure that all Americans—regardless of immigration status—have access to quality health care.   (Excuse me, but if they aren't American citizens or naturalized, they are not Americans.  I can't wade out of the Atlantic Ocean, walk onto the beaches at Normandy and declare myself to be French.  That's not how it works.)

29.  we must condemn hate speech that creates a fertile climate for violence.  (Unless that hatred is focused on Trump or conservatives.)

30.  We are committed to ensuring full equality for women. Democrats will fight to end gender discrimination in the areas of education, employment, health care, or any other sphere.  (Unless that sphere involves a woman who is pro-life or pro-Trump, fuck those bitches.)

I didn't even make it halfway through that.  I see your grand plan in posting that though.  You figured by the time I found all the crocks of shit that are in it I would come down with Carpel-Tunnel Syndrome and be unable to post here for six months.  Clever, but not clever enough.  I was also hoping for something a little more 2018ish  but I guess since your party has been trodding out the same old Republicans hate (fill in various demographic here) rhetoric since at least the Reagan era I shouldn't have been surprised you served me the 2016 leftovers.

• Haha 1

Just now, EMAWesome said:

1.  Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.

2. where every child can live up to his or her God-given potential. (To be fair this line is a crock of shit no matter what political party uses it.  Every child is never going to live up to his or her God given potential unless that optimum potential levels off at the category of fuck up.)

3.  We firmly believe that the greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior on Wall Street must be brought to an end. Wall Street must never again be allowed to threaten families and businesses on Main Street.  (Who did the Democrat Party nominate for president in 2016?  Of course technically there is nothing in the platform about greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior in Washington D.C. or anyplace else not on Wall Street.)

4. Democrats believe that climate change poses a real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children's health and futures, and that Americans deserve the jobs and security that come from becoming the clean energy superpower of the 21st century.   (Who gives a shit?  I'm voting for members of Congress and state legislators.  I'm not voting for the mayor of Berkeley.  Voters don't give a shit about climate change when it comes to national elections and national politics.)

5.  Democrats believe we are stronger and safer when America brings the world together and leads with principle and purpose. We believe we should strengthen our alliances, not weaken them. We believe in the power of development and diplomacy. We believe our military should be the best-trained, best-equipped fighting force in the world, and that we must do everything we can to honor and support our veterans.   (Then explain why every Democrat is so damn concerned about the treatment of illegal immigrants at the border but I have not heard one Democrat mouthpiece--Pelosi, Schumer, Schitz, Waters, Sanders, etc. utter one peep about the thousands of homeless veterans across the nation.)

6.  Above all, Democrats are the party of inclusion. We know that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise. As Democrats, we respect differences of perspective and belief, and pledge to work together to move this country forward, even when we disagree. With this platform, we do not merely seek common ground—we strive to reach higher ground.  (  There are over 325 million examples of diversity in this country today.  This is not a problem.  And if it was the party that doesn't believe diversity exists unless every single person in America believes exactly like they do on every political issue is not going to solve it.)

7.  Democrats believe that the current minimum wage is a starvation wage and must be increased to a living wage. No one who works full time should have to raise a family in poverty. We believe that Americans should earn at least $15 an hour and have the right to form or join a union and will work in every way we can—in Congress and the federal government, in states and with the private sector—to reach this goal.

(You can't create something without also creating a cost of that something.  This also applies to the moronic notions of free housing for all, free college educations for all, free health care for all, and free anything else you can think of for all.  The only people who have free housing are the homeless and the children that have not been kicked out of mommy and daddy's house yet.  Your labor is worth exactly what you and your employer agree to compensate you for it, nothing more and nothing less.  Labor is a good and that rule applies to all goods.  The value of a good is exactly what the buyer and seller agree the value of it is, not what some idiot in Congress thinks the value of it should be.  That is how markets work.  The job market is, well the name is self-explanatory.  Forced government manipulation of the labor market works as well as forced government manipulation of any other market.)

8.  All the Democratic claptrap about unions.   (The following section of the platform provides such an honest and brutal motive to their concerns that I am surprised it has not been removed.)  "We will continue to vigorously oppose those laws and other efforts that would ...restrict the use of voluntary membership payments for political purposes..."  (How dare you even think of drying up our political slush funds.)

9.  While Donald Trump thinks it is "dangerous" for women to leave the home   ( Unless they are leaving home to become Ambassador to the U.N., head of the Department of Education, CIA Director, White House press secretary,  a general in the Marines, possibly a justice in the Supreme Court etc.)

10.  Democrats believe that we should provide more federal resources to the people struggling most with unaffordable housing: low-income families, people with disabilities, veterans, and the elderly.  (Now believing in explaining to anyone where the money for these federal resources is going to come from is another story.)

11.  We will engage in a stronger, more coordinated, and better funded partnership among federal, state, and local governments to end chronic homelessness for millions of Americans. 

(A more coordinated partnership among federal, state, and local governments has never ended anything in America other than those better funds.)

12.  The United States Postal Service (USPS) is a national treasure. That is why Democrats embrace a vibrant, public Postal Service that offers universal service, and reject any effort to privatize or marginalize it.   (The Post Office is part your platform?  Were you thinking we really need an issue even fewer people care about than climate change?)

13.  Democrats know that nothing is more important than creating good-paying jobs that can support a middle-class life—from nurses, firefighters, and teachers to construction workers, factory workers, and small business owners. That is why we are committed to doing everything we can to build a full-employment economy, where everyone has a job that pays enough to raise a family and live in dignity with a sense of purpose.  (Trump is busy checking this one of for you.  Look at the bright side, when you remove it from your platform it will be that fewer trees needed to make a print out of your platform.)

14.   We will address the backlog of deferred maintenance in our four key public land management agencies.   (We will address the deficiencies of our federal government by having the federal government fix the deficiencies of the federal government.  Good plan, I wonder why the post office and Amtrak never thought of it.)

15.  Democrats will also create an independent, national infrastructure bank that will support critical infrastructure improvements  ( Oh good a bank created specifically for governments and politicians,  no downside to this idea at all.  This is like creating a still for alcoholics.)

16.  Fostering a Manufacturing Renaissance  (Trump is checking this one off for you too.  Even less trees, yeah!  See we conservatives can care about the environment.)

17.  . We will nurture the next generation of scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs, especially women and people of color, to make sure America continues to out-compete and out-innovate the rest of the world with our bold innovation agenda. (If these women and people of color are capable of making sure America continues to out-compete and out-innovate the rest of the world why do they need nurturing?  What makes innovators innovators are that they nurture themselves.  The only thing government is capable of nurturing is more government.)

18.   Pushing beyond the boundaries of what we know is core to who we are as Americans. Democrats are immensely proud of all that the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has done—through its achievements in science, technology and exploration—to better understand our place in the universe and inspire and educate generations of young people in this country to pursue careers in science. Space exploration is a reminder that our capacity for curiosity is limitless, and may be matched only by our ability to achieve great things if we work together. Democrats believe in continuing the spirit of discovery that has animated NASA's exploration of space over the last half century. We will strengthen support for NASA and work in partnership with the international scientific community to launch new missions to space.  (And exactly how is this any different from Trump's position on NASA?)

19.  The Democratic Party will make it easier to start and grow a small business in America, unlike Donald Trump, who has often stiffed small businesses—nearly bankrupting some—with his deceptive and reckless corporate practices. By supporting small business and entrepreneurship, we can grow jobs faster in America. We will cut the red tape that holds back small businesses and entrepreneurs.  (Oh please, the party of government regulation, especially in regards to business and commerce is inserting government deregulation of small business in its platform?  This is like Republicans promising to cut defense spending.)

20.  That is why Democrats will provide direct federal funding for a range of local programs that will put young people to work and create new career opportunities.  (Particularly new career opportunities in procuring federal funding.)

21.  Reining in Wall Street and Fixing our Financial System  (cue the P.J. O'Rourke quote about what happens when legislators are put in charge of what is bought and sold.)

22.  Democrats will fight to end institutional and systemic racism in our society. (Done already, Civil Rights Act of 1964 out front should have told you.  If your country just finished electing an African-American for two terms as president your country does not have institutional and systemic racism, there may still be racism but it is not a function of the government and society as a whole.)

23.  Democrats believe it is long past time to close this racial wealth gap. Disparities in wealth cannot be solved by the free market alone, but instead, the federal government must play a role in eliminating systemic barriers to wealth accumulation for different racial groups and improving opportunities for people from all racial and ethnic backgrounds to build wealth. Federal policies must remove barriers to achieving sustainable homeownership, provide for greater diversity in federal and state contracting practices, incentivize and expand access to retirement investment programs, increase opportunities for quality jobs and education, and challenge the deeply rooted structures that perpetuate and exacerbate current disparities and ultimately stagnate the nation's economic growth and security.  (See above about government manipulating markets.)

24.  Research and evidence, rather than slogans and sound bites, must guide criminal justice policies.  (Insert snarky Hands Up Don't Shoot comment here.)

25.  We will abolish the death penalty, which has proven to be a cruel and unusual form of punishment.   (So is watching Congress on C-SPAN.  No one is throwing the idea of pulling the plug on that around.)

26.  The Democratic Party supports legal immigration, within reasonable limits, that meets the needs of families, communities, and the economy as well as maintains the United States' role as a beacon of hope for people seeking safety, freedom, and security  (And most importantly meets the needs of Democrat voting rolls.)

27.  We will promote best practices among local law enforcement, in terms of how they collaborate with federal authorities,  (Pretty sloppy editing here, you expect me to believe that no one involved in drafting this platform knows how to spell if?  Here's a hint it's a two letter word and none of the letters are h, o, or w.)

28.  We will work to ensure that all Americans—regardless of immigration status—have access to quality health care.   (Excuse me, but if they aren't American citizens or naturalized, they are not Americans.  I can't wade out of the Atlantic Ocean, walk onto the beaches at Normandy and declare myself to be French.  That's not how it works.)

29.  we must condemn hate speech that creates a fertile climate for violence.  (Unless that hatred is focused on Trump or conservatives.)

30.  We are committed to ensuring full equality for women. Democrats will fight to end gender discrimination in the areas of education, employment, health care, or any other sphere.  (Unless that sphere involves a woman who is pro-life or pro-Trump, fuck those bitches.)

I didn't even make it halfway through that.  I see your grand plan in posting that though.  You figured by the time I found all the crocks of shit that are in it I would come down with Carpel-Tunnel Syndrome and be unable to post here for six months.  Clever, but not clever enough.  I was also hoping for something a little more 2018ish  but I guess since your party has been trodding out the same old Republicans hate (fill in various demographic here) rhetoric since at least the Reagan era I shouldn't have been surprised you served me the 2016 leftovers.

I imagine all it takes is looking at the Republican Party platform.

I have not voted for a Democrat or Republican since I voted for Richard Nixon.  Neither party has the peoples interest in mind.

Having said that I will be voting straight Democratic ticket in the upcoming election.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Glad to see the dems ain't got any old, useless, race baiting, fear mongering, socialist members of Congress. 

12 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Funny, who bails out wall street when they are reckless? Bush and Obama. 

Crony capitalism is the problem, not capitalism.

24 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Great responses. It's not hard to see through their bs. 

But that's their 2016 platform. Wonder how far left socialist it is now? 

16 minutes ago, Annie said:

Crony capitalism is the problem, not capitalism.

There is nothing capitalist about so called “crony capitalism” 

Capitalism implies some sort of fair play and level playing field where there is competition always competing for perfection.

Cronyism subverts this concept.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Capitalism implies some sort of fair play and level playing field where there is competition always competing for perfection.

Best post of your career.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Will probably be voting for Va. democrat Tim Kaine in Nov.

Are you sure?   A dem vote over supporting a white supremacist like  Corey Stewart?  I know it's a difficult decision cause there are so many factors to consider, but  if you really do this I applaud your portrait of courage with such an impossible choice.

Narrator:   He didn't.... 

Just now, Horn Dog said:

Are you sure?   A dem vote over supporting a white supremacist like  Corey Stewart?  I know it's a difficult decision cause there are so many factors to consider, but  if you really do this I applaud your portrait of courage with such an impossible choice.

Narrator:   He didn't.... 

I'm sorry, your point again ?

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I agree. 

Side note, how the fuck do we escape the two party dichotomy? The media has perfectly programmed people to divide into their two camps.

To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.
― Charles Krauthammer

What I have found is that both parties serve the same goals. They work together against the conservatives and liberals, playing them off each other to remain legitimate but ultimately fucking over all Americans.

I think ultimately both the Democrat and Republican have a majority that isn't stupid or evil, they have a majority who just want freedom. Why haven't they chose the libertarian party? Because sadly, the current libertarian party is a complete joke, not sure it's going to change... It's almost like it is built that way on purpose.

I think the better route is to establish a new libertarian 3rd party with some better linguistics to weed out the crazies. Maybe it's the Moderate party. Ditch the extremes on the left, and the right, and get some high IQ Ron Paul's in office that just want to keep government small.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

I didn’t have the word racist in my reply lol.

funny that you automatically went there 👀

Pancho you go there with every post. You scour the internet for examples of white people acting ridiculous. If you’re posting, it’s about either that, or weakly attempting to deflect your nature. 

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't flop on anything.  I misinterpreted his reply to me based on his posting history.  I admitted my error if that was not the way it was intended.  It's called being human. You should try it every once in a while, that is if your programmers allow it happen.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

I don't flop on anything.  I misinterpreted his reply to me based on his posting history.  I admitted my error if that was not the way it was intended.  It's called being human. You should try it every once in a while, that is if your programmers allow it happen.  

You didn’t misinterpret anything. Pancho pivoted. He was definitely going down his usual path of race. 

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

A liberal looked at me! I AM UNDER ATTACK!

We lost the election.  Hitler won it.!!!

Freak out everyone!!!