Secondary Ticket Market?

dlatin

It appears stub Hub, seat geek, etc is the only real secondary market for tickets. I used to have great luck on Craigslist but there is nothing out there now. Am I missing a place to find tickets cutting out the insane markup? I guess the SH/SG market gives the buyer confidence and that’s where all the traffic is now.

3 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

How many are you looking for? If 1 I just walk around the stadium with a finger up and groups always have no shows. Never had bad luck that but this year I need 2 

Are there still paper tickets being sold outside the stadium? Seems like buying an e-ticket outside the game might be problematic with phone issues, etc.

Edited by wood

11 hours ago, wood said:

Looked a minute ago and the cheapest I saw on tickpick was $400, and that was a single. 

Unreal. The internet + the 'brokers' have completely fucked the secondary market for tickets to just about anything.

The fees absolutely suck, but as long as people are willing to pay them, nothing will change. Both sellers and buyers get screwed.

13 minutes ago, royiv said:

The fees absolutely suck, but as long as people are willing to pay them, nothing will change. Both sellers and buyers get screwed.

Yep. People paying insane, unjustifiable prices for the tickets is a huge part of the problem. Then you have 'brokers' (institutionalized, legitimized scalpers) cornering the market by buying up all the tickets online, creating a false sellout and then resetting the price level on their own. Internet-based ticket sales have given them the means to control both the buying and the re-selling.

I've already been priced out of most of the stuff I love - F1, at least in the US, Texas-ou, MLB for the most part, etc. I could pay the prices, but it's not something I can justify in any reasonable way. I just can't justify spending a grand for 2 of us to sit in shitty seats for Texas-ou, or spending $1500 for 2 of us to go sit in GA at COTA for F1 weekend.  And of course the prices go way up from there. It's fucking crazy, and sad. I was lucky last year with TX-ou. Afriend in the AD gave me very nice tix out of the blue. I guess that's pretty much my only way in from now on.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

There’s always been brokers but I used to be able to get tickets via Craigslist. I used to do well flipping OU tickets and going for free. Now there are no tickets from individuals on CL. Perhaps this is because everything has gone digital and there’s so much fraud potential, the safety of the online marketplace that guarantees tickets are necessary.

It completely sucks because if you buy a ticket and have to turn and unload it for some reason you have to eat a ton on the resale. Not to mention there is no place to go anymore. I was just curious if I’m missing where tickets are bought and sold sans brokers because CL is no longer the place.