Fitbit, HR monitor, workout watches, ect

Heart rate monitoring while swimming is going to be tough to do on the cheap.  Just got my youngest daughter a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ for running and it is supposed to be water resistant, but not meant for swimming - ~$100.  I wear a Garmin 920XT that I got for triathalons three years ago - it has great swimming features, but the regular heart rate monitoring strap doesn't work underwater.  I could add a special swim/triathlon strap for $99, but I don't care that much about heart rate metrics when swimming.  

• Like 1

my OG fitbit charge HR's battery quit a little more than a year after i got it.  went from 3 or 4 days on a charge to 3 or 4 hours almost overnight.  fitbit's charging advice was to use the low-power USB ports on your computer to charge and take it off the charger when fully charged.  like a normal person i was charging it overnight on my 5 port anker charger.  it really could have used an alarm built into the app to tell you when fully charged.  don't know if they've added that.