Spring Break 2024 in the snow

rage-a-holic

8 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

You're taking a vacation for your dogs?

Also my girlfriend, but she's the one that really wants to see snow and let the dogs play in it. She's only been around snow once in her life (Switzerland last summer).

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Current snow depth map:

image.png.b96f52cf5c82a4311a4aa6d6765d68f2.png

Yep, I've been checking snow reports, but of course there's no way to tell what the snow will be like in a month.

I set up a Spring Break family trip to Taos about 10 years ago, and of course had to book months in advance. Snow was decent in Dec/Jan, then just stopped mid-Feb. We rented a massive house/yard that should have had 6 inches of snow everywhere but was just dirt and scrub brush. The skiing was terrible and dangerous, fucking ice under a light dusting of snow.

I've skied in 60 degree weather at Ski Santa Fe on spring break. Of course, the snow/slush would suck for experienced skiers but for a newb it was really fun to enjoy the snow in warm weather and then be in Santa Fe instead of Taos after skiing.  

Went to Ruidoso NM for spring break once, you had to avoid half the mountain that was grass the other half was ice…   If you plan to ski I’d just drive a few more hours to Colorado.  Ruidoso is great in the summer though for a quick getaway.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Went to Ruidoso NM for spring break once, you had to avoid half the mountain that was grass the other half was ice…   If you plan to ski I’d just drive a few more hours to Colorado.  Ruidoso is great in the summer though for a quick getaway.  

Are you flying or driving? Because if you’re driving it isn’t quick.