Venezuela Invasion of Guyana

statsman

32 minutes ago, Bolero88 said:

The US just loves tripping all over their own dick. Not like Saudi Arabia has any elections at all. Who the fuck are we to dictate how other nations rule themselves? I don't give a single flying fuck. Hypocritical dumbfucks all around. 

Cancel culture is strong with this one. He wants to cancel all foreign policy and return to an American policy of Lord of the Flies by other countries is OK by me - so long as it’s not my country doing foreign policy junk.   Cool brah.   

Who are we to encourage democracy, to request that genital mutilation end, to promote religious toleration, to demand other countries enact/adhere to policies for the sustainability of international fishing, or to interfere with those other countries God-given  to perform genocide and junk…?

Is your solution to let other countries have foreign policies that favor their individual countries’ interests - but we are not to do that?

Inquiring minds at all.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Cancel culture is strong with this one. He wants to cancel all foreign policy and return to an American policy of Lord of the Flies by other countries is OK by me - so long as it’s not my country doing foreign policy junk.   Cool brah.   

Who are we to encourage democracy, to request that genital mutilation end, to promote religious toleration, to demand other countries enact/adhere to policies for the sustainability of international fishing, or to interfere with those other countries God-given  to perform genocide and junk…?

Is your solution to let other countries have foreign policies that favor their individual countries’ interests - but we are not to do that?

Inquiring minds at all.

Not what I said at all. We can, and should have relations with every country. We can and should not dictate how they run themselves. We have a strong relationship with the extremely autocratic Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, yet we can't have normalized relations with Venezuela. Why not? It's hypocritical and actually undermines our soft power with nations outside the West and fucks with the global economy all at once!

1 hour ago, Bolero88 said:

Not what I said at all. We can, and should have relations with every country. We can and should not dictate how they run themselves. We have a strong relationship with the extremely autocratic Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, yet we can't have normalized relations with Venezuela. Why not? It's hypocritical and actually undermines our soft power with nations outside the West and fucks with the global economy all at once!

We’ve been doing it for two centuries and others far longer.  Whether it’s the Great Game, or the Cold War, it comes down to commerce and geography.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

We’ve been doing it for two centuries and others far longer.  Whether it’s the Great Game, or the Cold War, it comes down to commerce and geography.

The Great Game was mainly the Brits. We were busy conquering the West and getting ready for the Civil War.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bolero88 said:

Are you of the belief both of these countries are exactly equal and have the same leverage to push back against policies we try to place upon them? Like, I can scold my child if they’re acting up at the grocery store, but I’m not going to tell Conor McGregor to stop eating grapes in the produce section

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1