Downtown eats

rage-a-holic

Feeling good, Louis?  Louie.  106, 107…whatever it takes.  

as to OP question, it‘S not a glamorous scene, but if you just wanna park once during SXSW; the Carrillon across the street from the Bullock is phenomenal for dinner and I think they still offer a tasting/prix fixe menu and obviously a la carte.  

14 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Gimme your go-tos. I'm taking the girlfriend to see an IMAX at the Bullock and want to eat somewhere before or after. Trying to get her a good sampling of US/Texas food. Not interested in asian/sushi.

I feel like if you’re going to the Bullock it’s a lot easier to go east-west than head downtown (plus trying to park).  I’d go to someplace like Salty Sow on Manor or stalk @HenryJames at Sour Duck.  Maybe Dai Due.  

Hotel Ella is also close for something fancier.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I feel like if you’re going to the Bullock it’s a lot easier to go east-west than head downtown (plus trying to park).  I’d go to someplace like Salty Sow on Manor or stalk @HenryJames at Sour Duck.  Maybe Dai Due.  

Hotel Ella is also close for something fancier.  

100% this.  Whenever we have anything in that area (e.g., Friends of LBJ Library event) we either go East Austin or Hopfields.

• Hook 'Em 1