Vancouver

Am doing initial planning for family trip (wife and almost 17 year old twins) to Seattle and Vancouver CA in June 2024.  There is a long Seattle thread, but I don't see a dedicated Vancouver thread.

How many days is optimal for Vancouver?  What are recommended sights/activities/excursions/restaurants?  Any essential overnight (not day trip) destination?

• Hook 'Em 1

I think 2-3 days is good in Vancouver

Ramen on Robson St, rent bikes in Stanley Park, Capilano Bridge; walk through Granville Island, dinner in Yaletown, Vij's for Indian. Can also venture out to Grouse Mountain or even Whistler time permitting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Museum of Vancouver is old but tells a great story especially about Asian Canadians of all types. 

Granville Island is fun if not a bit too touristy.

University of British Columbia has a neat anthropology museum and is also a nice campus to visit to compare with US colleges.

Yaletown is great for eating. 

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

We did that trip last June plus Victoria, which I would highly recommend. We flew into Vancouver for a couple of days, took the ferry to Victoria for two nights at the Empress and then took another ferry to Seattle for a couple of days before coming home. 

I’ll try to remember some of the Vancouver spots but I would advise avoiding Chinatown (or at least the part of it we walked through) unless you want to watch folks shooting up in the middle of the street at 10:00 am.