Planet of the Apes

Posted (edited)

Saw them all opening weekend at the Texas Theater in Jasper. I was in junior high and my father would take me to supper Friday nights and then drop me off at the movies. Hippies and black people sat up in the balcony. Lots of interesting smoky odors came from there. Always wanted to sit up there but I hadn't embraced my inner pimp yet

Edited by mr. sunshine
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

The original sequels are all pretty meh and go down in quality quickly, like the last ones budget was literally 5000 dollars. The Tim Burton one was garbage and the reboots have actually all been pretty good

Agree with this. The overall story with all of the original films coming together, is an interesting story. Predestination paradox and alternate history/universe. 

The reboots have been really good. The one with Woody Harrelson was great. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

The original sequels are all pretty meh and go down in quality quickly, like the last ones budget was literally 5000 dollars. The Tim Burton one was garbage and the reboots have actually all been pretty good

they cut the make up and cosmetics budget hard on all the sequels 

everybody probably knew this was coming out except me lol...but this trailer when i went to my rewatch of Dune II in IMAX looks fun. it's on the list as long as it doesn't suck ass.

i loved the originals, creepy and fascinating memories in my childhood. the recent remakes have all been good stories.