The Socials

Thetexashammer

17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think the only answer is to unite against them electorally and beat them time and time and time again until their movement has been discouraged to the point it falls apart (and its older members die). The Nazis never got anything close to a majority, but they divided their opposition effectively and convinced the "reasonable" conservatives that the reasonable conservatives would be able to work with them and keep them in check. That's how Trump won.

That means turning out the youth vote in historic numbers, across multiple elections, keeping the far left from voting for bullshit third party protest candidates, and convincing at least some portion of the not-insane center-right of the threat that Trump actually poses. The alternative is violence because fascists don't co-exist with others.

So basically I have to work my ass off to get the rest of the sane country to participate in democracy because these fucking waste-oids somehow managed to wriggle into control and now we have to beat them back via the process?  I think I'd rather just move to Canada.  

Yeah.  We have a mentally declining president who is open about his desire to be an autocrat.  He's alienating all of our allies and cozying up to Putin and Kim.  His cabinet is the most ridiculous collection of idiots ever assembled.  His Secretary of Education is anti-public education, for fuck's sake.  He probably colluded with Russia to steal the election.  Oh, and he probably raped 17 women.  He is, without question, a bad guy.  Even his supporters can't argue that he is a good or moral man.
But "leftist hegemony" is the real threat to our democracy.
God damn, the right has gone full stupid.

This is a necro-quote, but “the most ridiculous collection of idiots ever assembled” should be the CR motto. Yes I include myself.

• 4 months later...

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/heres-how-we-can-break-up-big-tech-9ad9e0da324cAt present, my best advice is summed up by the following gif.

How the new tech monopolies hurt small businesses and innovation

America’s big tech companies provide valuable products but also wield enormous power over our digital lives. Nearly half of all e-commerce goes through Amazon. More than 70% of all Internet traffic goes through sites owned or operated by Google or Facebook.

As these companies have grown larger and more powerful, they have used their resources and control over the way we use the Internet to squash small businesses and innovation, and substitute their own financial interests for the broader interests of the American people. To restore the balance of power in our democracy, to promote competition, and to ensure that the next generation of technology innovation is as vibrant as the last, it’s time to break up our biggest tech companies.

I'm curious about all the people who denied they are functioning monopolies up thread are willing to deal with their contradictory statements.

Edited by Thetexashammer