Remembering 9/11

Moby Ric

3 minutes ago, MikeBloomberg2020 said:

Carrie from the Bloomberg Campaign here! Thanks to all the first responders and others who died at the World Trade Center. We thank you for your sacrifice. It is on this day this year that we remember what you all stood for, and for the freedoms that make America the envy of the world. New York is a better place because of you!

Whuh?  

I may have posted this before but my old office(4 blocks to the North) faced the WTC and many of my old co-workers saw the whole thing from those windows. One former employee (retired before I started) saw the first plane hit , and screamed in agony because his daughter worked on one of the upper flowers of the North Tower. Of course she didn’t make it. It really hits home when your colleagues were directly affected by it.

• Hook 'Em 4

I posted this back in the Hornfans days.  

I won’t get in to the whole morning but…. I had hired a driver (Chemical Transportation) about 6 months prior to 9/11.  (This is in the Houston area.)  His name is Frank Barbella.  Cool guy, didn’t need the money, he just wanted something to do.  His wife was a pretty well off Psychologist, and he was just bored.

That morning he went on with his day and about an hour after the 2nd plane hit, he pulled up back in the yard and ran into my office wanting to watch the TV.  He had received a call from his sister (who lived in New York), telling him what had happened.  We also tried to call all the drivers to tell them to come back to the yard.

She told him what had happened and their brother was a port authority property manager.

This is his page.

http://obits.al.com/sept11/Story.aspx?PersonID=126860&location=2&psl=1

Frank never came back to work, and I heard from him once after that.

• Hook 'Em 1