B12 after 1/2 a season

Magus Ossis

6 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Something about this team feels different.  Probably the lack of a game changer at QB and the absolutely atrocious line.  I don't expect that to be fixed this year so I'm just hoping we can fix those two things by next season.   We're used to terrible defenses, so that just needs to improve that to the point where it's only disgraceful.   

Yeah, Corndog ain't Mason Rudolph.  He doesn't suck, but I can't remember the last time we got that many sacks in a game.

He still got a bunch of TDs past us.  You also put more points on us than anyone has since we played last  year.

On 10/7/2018 at 10:12 AM, Bullneck said:

The BigXII has a conference championship game?  I guess they do.  Kinda forgotten about that.  Pretty stupid, given everyone plays everyone.  This conference was a pretty damned solid once upon a time.  Someone needs to straighten out those fucks at the league office.  

It's beyond stupid.

I’m a longtime longhorn, and I’ve seen it all but the last ten years have made me a pessimist. Having said that, I only see two teams that can beat us now. WVU and Tech at Tech.

This team is still learning how to win and I see a stumble at some point. any loss keeps us out of any playoff. Just getting to the championship game would be a huge success for this program and it’s rebuild. The best players are freshmen and sophomores.

Great recruiting classes building depth and creating new stars. I’m buying in and I haven’t said that in a long time. I see two more losses on the year including the bowl game and that’s major improvement. Maybe 6-2 including b12 champ game and bowl game.

That’s barring an injury to Sam of course, Shane can’t win without a great OL and our next star QB, Rising, isn’t ready yet

Halfway through, the Big 12 to me breaks out as follows:

True Contenders

Texas, OU and WVa. OU and WVa aren't surprises, though Texas is and may end up being better than the other 2. OU will probably go on their post Texas loss run as they did in 2006, 2008, 2013, etc. WVa has been pretty sloppy with the ball so far this season with 10 total turnovers lost and if that trend continues, they will lose to both OU and Texas, as both of those teams do a much better job of taking care of the football. Will Grier needs to do a better job of taking care of the football as he is responsible for 8 of the 10 turnovers. Best bet is Red River Shootout 2, Offensive Boogaloo, at the Death Star in December for Big XII-II championship. 

The First Alternate

TCU is the one team that could crash the above party and we will know the next 2 weeks as they face Tech and OU at home. Win both of those and they move into a good position with a November date in Morgantown looming. The rest of their schedule is against the bottom of the conference and they should pick up 4 wins against the State of Kansas, Baylor, and OSU. 

Spoilers

Tech and ISU - Neither will likely win the conference but can certainly shape the race. ISU already has 2 conference losses and face WVa this weekend which might ruin WVa's season to date if ISU gets a win. Tech is Tech and has already shown they can be up or down, but get both TX and OU in Lubbock and can certainly throw a scare their direction. Both are also capable of losing to Kansas State. That's just who they are. 

WTF? Team

Oklahoma State - Beat Boise convincingly at home, but get drilled by both Tech and ISU at home? Can't figure this team out, but did note at the beginning of the season I thought this team might be due for a rebuilding year which appears to be playing out. Will struggle for bowl eligibility as they still have yet to see Texas, OU, TCU, and WVa. Shades of 2014 pre Mason Rudolph.

Home for the Holidays

The State of Kansas and Baylor. KU needs no explanation, though they at times have been a little spunkier. KState is reaching the sad end of the Bill Snyder era. Baylor may have won their last game of the season on Saturday (congrats on the Kansas state championship) with games still to face against everybody above them except OU.