B12 after 1/2 a season

Magus Ossis

WVU- rolling. Turning the ball over a lot. If they do that against us, I like our chances. If not, they could be scary. I like them to beat OU on T+1 for a CCG berth.

TEXAS- like coach says, a work in progress. We play to the competition. I think we have a good chance to be in the CCG.

OU- no D, but almost don’t need one. Almost. Should run the table until they hit WVU.

TCU- a tough out, but will have trouble scoring enough to keep up with OU or WVU.

OSU- unless they stumble into a QB better than Cornelius, they look to be a shadow of what they’ve been.

ISU- good coaching makes them dangerous. If Campbell stays there (which he won’t), he could become their purple wizard.

Tech- could win any given Saturday. But won’t, against quality teams. Win over OSU a little less impressive now.

Baylor- bad but not hopeless. Can score on OU and coeds who don’t have bodyguards.

KSU- sooner or later, teams revert to their mean. Not counting the age of Snyder, their mean is unspeakably bad. He and his era will be gone from the league soon.

Kansas- will never play in the orange bowl again or make the CCG. Horribad.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Good assessment, I look for a rematch of UT & OU in Arlington in December for the XII conference championship and potentially a birth into the CFP..! #RedReverRivalryPartDuex

I like this kind of talk.

Confidence can get contagious.

Bring it, Collin. Like your daddy did.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kopp0e said:

Good assessment, I look for a rematch of UT & OU in Arlington in December for the XII conference championship and potentially a birth into the CFP..! #RedReverRivalryPartDuex

I don't think OU makes it...they'll lose to either TCU or WVU maybe both. Both of those are away games. Ehlinger had a pretty good day running against OU i think Robinsons legs will be a factor in that one. Then they go to Lubbock in November...could be another slip up 

13 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I don't think OU makes it...they'll lose to either TCU or WVU maybe both. Both of those are away games. Ehlinger had a pretty good day running against OU i think Robinsons legs will be a factor in that one. Then they go to Lubbock in November...could be another slip up 

You are right, all 3 are possible losses, but I think OU outscores the 2 Lone Star State rivals...

The biggest issue would be facing a hungry West Virginia squad on the road...

• Like 2

You’re being too kind to OSU. Our QB is pretty far down the list of problems we have.

O line - ISU had 6 sacks on the season. They had 7 today. Maybe the worst OL I’ve ever seen.

Defense - I can’t even...just watch 10 minutes of one of our games. Worse than OUs defense believe it or not.

Coaching- Gundy doesn’t even seem to be trying. Coach Bro out coached him. By a lot. Chew on that.

Penalties- we commit them. A lot. Stupid ones at stupid times.

I will be shocked if we make a bowl game. I’ll be surprised if we win another game. Maybe BU, but I don’t know why. It’s on the road and their players seem to care. KSU on the road? The Wizard vs a coach who’s mailing it in. I’ll take the Wizard.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

You are right, all 3 are possible losses, but I think OU outscores the 2 Lone Star State rivals...

The biggest issue would be facing a hungry West Virginia squad on the road...

TCU has a quick defense and is one that actually may lay some hits on Ewok.  Also, OU won't play lights out the rest of the way--I think they have a bad game elsewhere and teams in the Big 12 can score in bunches.  

7 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

You’re being too kind to OSU. Our QB is pretty far down the list of problems we have.

O line - ISU had 6 sacks on the season. They had 7 today. Maybe the worst OL I’ve ever seen.

Defense - I can’t even...just watch 10 minutes of one of our games. Worse than OUs defense believe it or not.

Coaching- Gundy doesn’t even seem to be trying. Coach Bro out coached him. By a lot. Chew on that.

I will be shocked if we make a bowl game. I’ll be surprised if we win another game. Maybe BU, but I don’t know why. It’s on the road and their players seem to care. KSU on the road? The Wizard vs a coach who’s mailing it in. I’ll take the Wizard.

Y'all beat KSU and maybe BU.  Y'all always get up for Texas and until UT beats them, it's not in the bag.  Plus we're right there with you on penalties.   

26 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I predict your penalties will suddenly disappear inexplicably for 60 minutes when Texas arrives in Stillwater. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I think you will have a hard time beating BU in Waco, they have a terrible defense but they can score points. The Purple Wizard seems done to me after watching him yesterday, I actually think that BU coach out coached him yesterday. I think this could be the Purple Wizard's final year. 

Y'all beat KSU and maybe BU.  Y'all always get up for Texas and until UT beats them, it's not in the bag.  Plus we're right there with you on penalties.   

I don’t know why you think we’ll beat either of those teams on the road. Hopefully after KSU has they’re way with us Saturday, reality will set in and Gundy will make some changes. 9th place finish seems very likely at this point.

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It’s been so long I’ve done this but as far as us making it to the Big12 Championship Game, should we root for OU & TCU or WVU? 

The BigXII has a conference championship game?  I guess they do.  Kinda forgotten about that.  Pretty stupid, given everyone plays everyone.  This conference was a pretty damned solid once upon a time.  Someone needs to straighten out those fucks at the league office.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It’s been so long I’ve done this but as far as us making it to the Big12 Championship Game, should we root for OU & TCU or WVU? 

TCU or WVU for sure. Blow U for the giggles but we actually dominated TCU and WVU defense looks pathetic 

24 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

I think you will have a hard time beating BU in Waco, they have a terrible defense but they can score points. The Purple Wizard seems done to me after watching him yesterday, I actually think that BU coach out coached him yesterday. I think this could be the Purple Wizard's final year. 

I've been telling my wife the same--think this is Bill's last year.  He's not having anything close to resembling fun.  

In regard to ou we have already seen how they will respond do you guys remember 2008?  ou will beat the ever loving shit out teams that they can run score up on, they will not let off the gas and they will play to impress media.  I am not sure what the tie breaker between three teams is now (Texas ou and WV) but that’s something I bet Riley already knows.  I am still pissed about 2008 and I can see them pushing that agenda again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ApocalyseTexas said:

In regard to ou we have already seen how they will respond do you guys remember 2008?  ou will beat the ever loving shit out teams that they can run score up on, they will not let off the gas and they will play to impress media.  I am not sure what the tie breaker between three teams is now (Texas ou and WV) but that’s something I bet Riley already knows.  I am still pissed about 2008 and I can see them pushing that agenda again. 

I am pretty sure it’s the Dr Pepper Big XIi Cinference Championship Game

West Virginia is our Kentucky. One dimensional pretenders that will go down one they start playing teams with a pulse (maybe next week against ISU?).
I hope we play WVU in the CCG but it'll probably be TCU (30%) or OU (70%). I'm scared to play Murray again so I hope he's almost checked out by then in preparation for the minor league season.

Assuming the rest of the season goes great and we win out (obviously not a foregone conclusion and this could all crumble), I don't think it matters if we play OU or WVU in the Big 12 Championship game.  What matters is that one of them wins out after they lose to us.

Beating an 11-2 Oklahoma or 11-2 West Virginia twice gets us into the playoffs.

• Like 1

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

According to that website, scoring differential is the first tiebreaker if Texas, OU and WVU all finish with one conference loss.

"Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and points allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration."

So blowing that huge lead yesterday could hurt us.

1 hour ago, Tired of Lurking said:

West Virginia is our Kentucky. One dimensional pretenders that will go down one they start playing teams with a pulse (maybe next week against ISU?).
I hope we play WVU in the CCG but it'll probably be TCU (30%) or OU (70%). I'm scared to play Murray again so I hope he's almost checked out by then in preparation for the minor league season.

But what if that one dimension is the best in the country? 

Assuming the rest of the season goes great and we win out (obviously not a foregone conclusion and this could all crumble), I don't think it matters if we play OU or WVU in the Big 12 Championship game.  What matters is that one of them wins out after they lose to us.
Beating an 11-2 Oklahoma or 11-2 West Virginia twice gets us into the playoffs.

Exactly my thoughts too.

We need to root for an undefeated WVU who’ll possibly be top 5 when we play them(giving us 2 wins over top 10 teams that were undefeated) and then either them or OU to be in the Title game with just the 1 loss to us. Probably OU since it’s the name recognition that matters.

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:
12 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

If you're gonna put all 11 in pass coverage, wouldn't you have 1-2 guys covering over the top?

Yep, man on the outside receivers, 9 people in the zone 5 to 10 yards off the LOS... on a 3rd and 15.

15 minutes ago, SteelEER said:

But what if that one dimension is the best in the country? 

Your team might be great and win the conference, and your QB might be truly amazing.  But as of right now, you've played the easiest schedule in the conference.  WVU could realistically start 8-0 and finish 9-3 with losses against Texas, TCU and OU.

Enjoy it and all, but don't be confused why people aren't praising your team every week.

No it doesn't.  oSu will be 7th at worst. You aren't worse than KSU or Baylor.

Did you watch us get blown out at home by TT? Or physically dominated by ISU at home? I don’t care how bad BU or KSU are. I’m pretty sure we’re worse. Maybe we’ll get some shit fixed by BU, but KSU will grind us up into a fine powder in 6 days.

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We're going to butt fuck the shit teams and irritate the hell out of the good ones left on our schedule.  I predict wins vs Tech, Baylor, KU, and K State, and losses to WVU and UT.

Not sure how you you can predict a win vs KSU considering we've won the last two games on the field and been given losses by the Big 12 conference and their shitbird refs.  I'll believe it when I see it...

At this point, Texas is in the driver's seat in terms of getting a spot in the CCG, so that is nice. If they come out without a hangover against Baylor and get into the bye at 6-1 (not a given - Baylor will want a signature win and we could still see another Herman special this year) I think it will be close to a foregone conclusion. In that case, Texas probably drops at least one of @OSU and WVU but 7-2/8-1 probably qualifies, especially with wins over TCU and OU. 

I don't think WVU is a pretender. Their game against OU is going to look a lot like the game yesterday. OU's defense simply cannot handle their offense. Their defense isn't as good as Texas but it will only need to make a couple stops all game. OU is the only team in the conference that can beat them in a track meet. TCU and Texas are the only ones with a chance at stopping them. 

I think TCU could sneak back into the CCG race. They are capable of beating both OU and WVU if they play well and will end up 8-4 or better.

OSU obviously isn't going to make the CCG but they can beat anyone on a given day. They will obviously be amped to play OU and to host Texas.

I don't think this league has an elite team and will probably miss the playoffs at this point but it is going to be a really fun race to watch down the stretch.