PS4 vs PS4 pro

wild_turkey

I'm interested in getting a PS4. I've had a PS3 for a long time that I last used years ago to play GTA, Uncharted, and COD games. Haven't played any games in several years.

I would mainly like to play some action/adventure games such as Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption 2. I don't have much time for online gaming because I can't play often enough to be competitive with the average 12 year old kid playing Fortnite, etc.

My TV is a 55" Panasonic Plasma, 1080p but not 4k.

Is there any reason I should pay $400 for the PS4 Pro instead of just $300 for the PS4? Is the main difference the 4k capability or are there other benefits?

I read about it a few places and ended up buying a regular PS4. I'm sure I will switch to 4k down the road, but I don't know when that will be nor do I know if I will play games that much to care about it. Worst case scenario, I can always sell the PS4 and switch to a Pro if it bothers me at that time. In the meantime, it made my purchase $100 less to go with the standard PS4.