Should the Big Ten Have Buyer's Remorse Over Adding Maryland and Rutgers?

n64ra

On 11/7/2018 at 10:32 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Congrats (I had to look it up) - I'm happy with MSU's results since Nebraska became a B1G member. Are you happy with the Huskers results?

Asking because this is a B1G thread - so I'll give you 3-2 (but you should continue to bask in the glory of those Big 12 and Big 8 days. Maybe you can start a thread with Michigan fans and talk about 1997 and how great that was.

Why the fuck do I need to talk about '97 when Nebraska owns your shitty team since B1G (and lets face it, none of these Nebraska teams were really any good), but fine, fine, if you want to talk about back to back 40 point losses from the mid 90's, I can certainly help with that.  I can wait while you look that up too.  Saban says hello.

Just realize that when they play next week, you'll be happy with just being able to get to a .500 record with a pretty shitty time period spent in the B1G.  WOOOOHOOOOO congrats on that!

Edited by mulletpelini
Allow me to also point out, MSU was the higher ranked team in 4 of the five games choooooooooookkkkkeeee
  • Haha 1

On November 6, 2018 at 11:53 AM, PilotsError said:

Content aside, fuck SI for what they've done to the look and usefulness of the site.  Reading that was painful and annoying and the popups took about 30 seconds to get rid of.  The article box was reduced to about a quarter of the screen.  Fuck all those people.

Good article though.

Couldn't agree more, but I did not click.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:19 AM, Longboard Horn said:

The only reason the B1G brought in Rutgers is because they wanted the NYC market.

The BTN may have been short sighted in the Rutgers add, as the program lowers overall attendance #'s, but I admit the Maryland add was more or less a (slight) home run...

Dec 8, 2017 - Rutgers' crowd attendance for its seven-game football schedule this season ... Rutgersranked 11th in the 14-team Big Ten and 54th nationally with an ... That's the lowest stadium-capacity percentage since the Scarlet Knights ...

Sep 1, 2018 - One year after ranking 11th in the 14-team Big Ten and 54th nationally ... In 2017, Rutgerssold 23,812 football-season tickets. ... Last season's 39,749 average-attendance figure was the lowestsince Rutgers averaged 33,184 ...
Jan 27, 2018 - When it comes to football attendance, that's just on the fans. You're in the Big Ten. Act like it. You have to show up and buy in low. That's how ...

32 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

The BTN may have been short sighted in the Rutgers add, as the program lowers overall attendance #'s, but I admit the Maryland add was more or less a (slight) home run...

I don't think that means what you think it does.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 12:41 PM, Wally Fairway said:

do you even own a TV?

Why would any conference (or more accurately, and conference network) want to add Mizzou and KU?

If this thread is about shedding teams from the B1G, then add Nebraska to that conversation

I get it, 9 fewer losses to inferior teams in most cases.  Fucking embarrassing levels of choking cock by Dantonio

5 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

You are such a humble winner, it is awe inspiring.
Again, congrats on your huge win today .... 3 field goals is great, sadly Sparty could only manage 2.

If you had lost to an overpowering opponent, I wouldn't have said a word.  You started this stupid shit when you said Nebraska shouldn't have been added to the B1G without checking the records first.  I get it, you assumed hey, Nebraska has been so shitty for so long that MSU must have beaten them in every game.....

Always check the records.

I kind of knew when you posted that shit earlier in the week, that #karma was gonna show up once again.  Huge historical cock choking Dantonio motherfucker....he is reliable no doubt.

Edited by mulletpelini
seriously though thank you

2 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

If you had lost to an overpowering opponent, I wouldn't have said a word.  You started this stupid shit when you said Nebraska shouldn't have been added to the B1G without checking the records first.  I get it, you assumed hey, Nebraska has been so shitty for so long that MSU must have beaten them in every game.....

What does your record against MSU have to due with going the B1G. I didn't even know the Huskers record when I made the comment.

My comment was based on 2 things:
- Nebraska not bringing a large TV market to the B1G, which is what has been important to conference realignment
- Nebraska not being successful in the B1G

Congrats again on beating MSU - but what does Nebraska add to the conference?
Sorry you got so butthurt by my comment, but your team made up for and whipped ass today.
Ouch that really hurts me.

But while you are all pointing this out, you should also celebrate that the B1G payed out over $51 million to member schools in 2018, compared to $41 that your former conference paid its member schools. Since that is what this thread was about - not to distract you from today's victory. (disclosure - I got those figures in 2 seconds on the internet, so they must be correct)

I'll show myself out now and go drown my sorrows

22 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I kind of knew when you posted that shit earlier in the week, that #karma was gonna show up once again.  Huge historical cock choking Dantonio motherfucker....he is reliable no doubt.

Holy shit. STFU. You won a pillow fight against a shitty team.

Nebraska has been irrelevant for so long that I don’t even know that they played today. You’re like Wyoming, but a big conference is stuck with you. 

Edited by DejaVu
  • Like 1