If Herman wants advice from other coaches...

Brock Sampson

We're 9-4, played for the conference title, and are Sugar Bowl bound in year 2. Anyone looking at our current talent level objectively will tell you that we overachieved. If anything, it's his recruiting/seeking out of transfers that we need to examine. Wait until he gets another recruiting class in and has the opportunity to eliminate these glaring roster deficiencies. Then you can try to tell me how the way he reacts to Big12 ref rigging special #234524 may POTENTIALLY affect his ability to manage a football game.

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

On 12/2/2018 at 8:29 AM, South Austin said:

How is that significantly different than Nick Saban?  He looks like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world during his press conferences. I think Herman enjoys these about as much as your average coach, and his demeanor seems more measured and reserved than antisocial.

A lot of Dr. Phil’s in this thread.

There are basically 2 ways to coach.  One is the hands off CEO approach a la Mack Brown.  It's a lot easier for that guy to rein in his emotions since he has less direct emotional investment.  The 2nd way is hands on Xs and Os guy.  That is Herman as well as Saban and Urban.  For them it's not just their management but their schemes that are on the line.  Of course they are going to be more emotional.  That type is usually more analytical as well, which tends towards introversion.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, USNALonghorn said:

We're 9-4, played for the conference title, and are Sugar Bowl bound in year 2. Anyone looking at our current talent level objectively will tell you that we overachieved. If anything, it's his recruiting/seeking out of transfers that we need to examine. Wait until he gets another recruiting class in and has the opportunity to eliminate these glaring roster deficiencies. Then you can try to tell me how the way he reacts to Big12 ref rigging special #234524 may POTENTIALLY affect his ability to manage a football game.

I'm not worried about Herman's recruiting.  He had a transition class outside the top 20 in 2017.  That class produced an immediate contributor in transfer Gary Johnson, 2 quality contributors on OL in their second year and Sam.  Ta'Quon Graham and Kobe Boyce are future contributors, Cade Brewer is already there and Daniel Young would be if he could improve his ball security.  Not bad for a low rated class (by Texas standards) of only 17 recruits. 

On 12/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, Hamttx said:

Obviously more times then you, Or you too would be aware of just how different he has become. Urban Meyer was not always what we see today. There was a time he was a far more stoic and confident coach on the sideline. A quality he displayed while brakeing a foot off in Stoops ass for a title. What changed? My guess would be everything from Aaron Hernandez to covering up wife beating. And what happens to many men when they get a part of their lives where they reflect on what they have done, what they have not done, and what they should have done. It’ll happen to you as well.

But then again that wasn’t my point. You don’t get to choose which you would rather have. Herman now has a losing record to his most hated rival. He has lost three times as many games as Riley over the same period, and depending on how today shakes out he may be behind 0-2 on getting his team to the playoffs at a University whose fan base can never seem to quit talking about how much they have. All while suffering year after year at a sport they (we) all love. Honestly, how is Texas not part of the conversation when absolutely no one debates all of the built in advantages they (we) supposedly have?

The pressure on Herman this morning is intense. And it shows. And he had a chance to change the narrative when he beat Riley head to head in October. But then explicitly drops two games, that most of us believe should have been wins against OSU and WV. And the part that is really hard to understand is OSU had OU beat! But they didn’t win, and Riley was cool as hell under that stress. If a part of you can’t find at least some redeeming quality in that, i surrender. As I will never be able to make you see why one guy seems to get all the luck, and the other continues to come up just a tad short.

I gave you some red and I don't even know what you've said your last 3 posts. I don't have time, nor am I interested in what someone who has to consistently write multiple paragraphs to get their point across.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I gave you some red and I don't even know what you've said your last 3 posts. I don't have time, nor am I interested in what someone who has to consistently write multiple paragraphs to get their point across.

Don’t read em, actually pretty simple. Short enough?

On 12/4/2018 at 2:54 PM, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I wouldn't worry about it he thinks facebook is absolutely crushing it right now.

I still like Herman and love this team. Performed way over my expectations and are trending in the right direction. Simply had too many penalties for a game like this, with a team full of players who had never played in a game like this. Sam will be more prepared next year and calmer at jump so we hit those wide open routes rather than overthrowing. 
I'm bummed, but not nearly as much as I have been in years.. I'm more bummed for the players because they worked their ass off this year. 
Next year we beat OU at RRS and we beat them again if we match up in the Big 12 Championship.. book it and fuck OU. 
We don't play OU in Round Rock South you fucking twit. We play em in The Cotton Bowl.

On 12/2/2018 at 1:42 PM, USNALonghorn said:

I don't get why the fuck so many posters have become obsessed with over analyzing the living shit out of every little detail of Tom Herman's expressions, emotions, mannerisms, etc.

Is he covering up rape/domestic abuse cases? No.

Is he engaging in questionable recruiting practices? No.

Is he, in any way, degrading the face of the University? No.

Who gives a shit?

I’m drinking Pappy and don’t have anything else to do?

• Haha 1