Bill Fralic died

Whitman

I just saw/read where Bill Fralic died.  For those of y'all too young to remember, he was an OL for Pitt and then a great career in the NFL.  He was only 56, and I don't believe it had anything to do with steroids or PEDs or CTE.  I just read cancer so ugh for him and his family.   He was an incredible football player and at Pitt when I was at WVU and just a beast to watch and go up against for our guys.

PS:  Talking about Pitt football, us old folks who like to hate on them struggle with the admiration for some of the talent that went thru there like:  Dorsett, to Marino, to Fralic to Hugh Green to Larry Fitzgerald.   

Edited by Whitman

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

ff2d13ec5264b2006102a0ff58236fb8.jpgthey all gave us this.

Yea, he was pretty darn good too at Pitt/Skins, but I just can't throw him in with the props I give Hugh Green or Fralic or the others on my list above.  Even doing that for the other Panthers hurts a bit somewhere inside.  And he may not have had the pro career of the others, but Hugh Green was the best of them all imho. 

9 hours ago, Whitman said:

I just saw/read where Bill Fralic died.  For those of y'all too young to remember, he was an OL for Pitt and then a great career in the NFL.  He was only 56, and I don't believe it had anything to do with steroids or PEDs or CTE.  I just read cancer so ugh for him and his family.   He was an incredible football player and at Pitt when I was at WVU and just a beast to watch and go up against for our guys.

PS:  Talking about Pitt football, us old folks who like to hate on them struggle with the admiration for some of the talent that went thru there like:  Dorsett, to Marino, to Fralic to Hugh Green to Larry Fitzgerald.   

I put something in the F Cancer thread Wednesday. Billy was a friend of mine.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 7:23 PM, Whitman said:

Yea, he was pretty darn good too at Pitt/Skins, but I just can't throw him in with the props I give Hugh Green or Fralic or the others on my list above.  Even doing that for the other Panthers hurts a bit somewhere inside.  And he may not have had the pro career of the others, but Hugh Green was the best of them all imho. 

I think you missed my point.  Along with all the good things Pitt gave to football, they also gave some bad.  Fuck that guy

• Like 1