Steven Speilberg is making movie adaptation of Blackhawks

Parliament

I read DC war comics when I was a kid. Never heard of Blackhawks. I guess I'm not that old.

But I've been hoping Spielberg to do a full blown WWII air war movie for decades. I hope it's not goofy.

So many fantastic real life war stories that should have been portrayed properly (without a bunch of over the top goofy fake storylines) long ago, it's a shame it couldn't be one of those.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:02 AM, DougO said:

I read DC war comics when I was a kid. Never heard of Blackhawks. I guess I'm not that old.

But I've been hoping Spielberg to do a full blown WWII air war movie for decades. I hope it's not goofy.

So many fantastic real life war stories that should have been portrayed properly (without a bunch of over the top goofy fake storylines) long ago, it's a shame it couldn't be one of those.

This thing really got my hopes up - it was floated out there as a potential film, but apparently was a fake trailer:

That was from 2013, and then two years ago this popped up on a bunch of sites:

Lincolnshire in England has received a visit from aviation advisers associated with a new World War II mini-series from Steven Speilberg and Tom Hanks – Lincolnshire has a history of working with the US Army Air Force.

The Mighty Eighth is a 10-part mini-series by Spielberg and Hanks. It’s the third part of their trilogy which includes Band of Brothers and Pacific.

We actually aren’t too sure when the name change happened but, MASTERS OF THE AIR , the WWII companion piece to BAND OF BROTHERS and THE PACIFIC, now has the official title of THE MIGHTY EIGHTH

Complete with a poster and IMDB entry

MV5BMTY3MDU2OTAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTE3

Somebody put together a bunch of info:

http://footstepsresearch.org/2018/12/what-we-know-hbos-masters-of-the-air/

Edited by atomheartbevo