The Division 2

jofus

53 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I signed up for the beta but haven’t heard anything. I’d like an access code.

apparently you can only invite "uplay friends". i sent you a uplay friend invite, and then i'll try to figure out the beta invite.

43 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Same here!

what is your xbox GT?

Edited by jofus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

it is "Dr Fear MD" with spaces, no period, no comma lol.

i see you added me on xbox, but you aren't showing up on ubisoft.  i guess you'll have to make a ubisoft account and link it to your xbox account.  let me know when you do.

• Like 1

I played beta this morning. Definitely some differences in inventory mgmt/look feel. 

Unlocking skill trees for things like grenade replenishment or equipping a 2nd weapon are interesting. 

Killing enemies is more realistic than Div 1. 

Weird seeing all greenery and decay in DC vs the NYC immediate aftermath look/feel. 

On 2/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, jofus said:

i see you added me on xbox, but you aren't showing up on ubisoft.  i guess you'll have to make a ubisoft account and link it to your xbox account.  let me know when you do.

Got it all set up, will check it out tonight.  Thanks!!!!!!!!

On 2/10/2019 at 10:18 AM, Laxtonto said:

So I am taking it that I should go ahead and pick this up. Was planning the Division 1 the other day 

I played D2 beta and it was fun. I’m a huge D1 fan. Still play it (well specifically one of the sub games “Survival”) regularly. 

D1 too me had good mix of PvP and PvE, also the developers seemed to be interested in continuous improvement vs defensiveness. 

For me I like playing PvE vs PvP and in Division I’m allowed to do that. Others that prefer PvP can play that or you can go back/forth. 

I’d play first one to start so you can appreciate story/changes that come in D2. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some more initial thoughts:

I dislike the inventory screen compared to D1.

The enemies are much smarter in D1. They will flank the ever loving crap out of you and the rush enemies are far more lethal than in D1. The weapons recoil feels much more realistic. All in all combats are a lot harder and you will die more than you did in first game.

Don't go looking for a back story or any ongoing attachment to story/game etc. Feels very "Diablo-esque" in that regard. DC is in danger of being overrun, go and stop it, is all you get. (at least early on - I am only lvl 6 - have not had a ton of time to play)

The graphics are really good, much different visuals than NYC from D1. The game difficulty ratchets up at night as you cannot see shit, enemies cannot either but you will have people right on you.

Enemy grenadiers are much more accurate/lethal.

I haven't done any multi-player. Game is a lot of fun and there is a ton to explore.

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Some more initial thoughts:

I dislike the inventory screen compared to D1.

The enemies are much smarter in D1. They will flank the ever loving crap out of you and the rush enemies are far more lethal than in D1. The weapons recoil feels much more realistic. All in all combats are a lot harder and you will die more than you did in first game.

Don't go looking for a back story or any ongoing attachment to story/game etc. Feels very "Diablo-esque" in that regard. DC is in danger of being overrun, go and stop it, is all you get. (at least early on - I am only lvl 6 - have not had a ton of time to play)

The graphics are really good, much different visuals than NYC from D1. The game difficulty ratchets up at night as you cannot see shit, enemies cannot either but you will have people right on you.

Enemy grenadiers are much more accurate/lethal.

I haven't done any multi-player. Game is a lot of fun and there is a ton to explore.

You can change the inventory screen layout under the options 

Turn on parkour mode in the game options to make long sprints easier as well

Main missions do not level with you, side missions do. Do main missions as soon as possible to pop levels faster.

DZ is great. It takes more than person now to grief a group on extractions due to normalization 

2 hours ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Xbox Clan??

Looks like your are nominated... 

SurlyHorns

White Bull skull Orange background gray accent

requires a 3 letter clan tag... went with HRN

You need to be like lvl 8 or so with multiple side quest done for the theatre to have the clan person available 

to bad we can’t have a multi platform guild

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Looks like your are nominated... 

SurlyHorns

White Bull skull Orange background gray accent

requires a 3 letter clan tag... went with HRN

You need to be like lvl 8 or so with multiple side quest done for the theatre to have the clan person available 

to bad we can’t have a multi platform guild

Done and done. 

Made it invite only , so post your Xbox gamer tag on here and will send out an invite. 

Edited by Bigbend1812
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GottaB said:

I can’t get the game started. Evidently my pc case lighting software is a security flaw and the game won’t load. I’ll try to find a fix this week.

That I have to say is one of the more bizarre sets of software to flag as a security issue. I could see it triggering with the detection of a VPN or some form of 3rd party save editor, but your case lighting controller?

Any idea why they flagged that or is it just flagging a certain vendor?

That I have to say is one of the more bizarre sets of software to flag as a security issue. I could see it triggering with the detection of a VPN or some form of 3rd party save editor, but your case lighting controller?

Any idea why they flagged that or is it just flagging a certain vendor?

“The software in question (typically RGB controlling software) uses vulnerable components that can be exploited for cheating or cause unexpected errors.”

I assume that the rgb controllers often use the colors on the screen to spill to the surrounding lights to create effects. That same “skimming the feed” and “create an effect” can be used for aimbots or something similar. .

Got it this past weekend, played Friday night for a couple of hours. Almost have the fed east district cleared.

Liking it so far. Feel like they streamlined some of the annoying grindy parts of D1 like attachments and out the grind into skill trees which at least has a more “progress made” feel to it rather than spending 30 minutes figuring out which extended magazine and acog combo will deliver the highest dps and initial bullet impact damage after sprinting into cover...

I do like that they apparently nerfed the ability to create a super tank at least for pve, I foolishly bought the smg mid-shield because I ran a tank in D1 where I could run my shield with an smg and never lose it in combat...

Like the variety in skills, I’m still only running the oxidizer chem launcher and mid-shield but I feel I gotta dump the shield for that Hive reviver cause this games biggest improvement is the enemies.

I really like that not even the elites feel like bullet sponges when leveled equally. D1 for the first year was either 2 shots to kill or 200+, no the enemies go down much faster but they also act smarter. No more picking off the rushers and then just playing peekaboo with everyone else until it’s over. Even the team leaders give out better commands, before it was kill the leader and the team scatters but that’s about it. Now they will bark out orders to flank and try to overwhelm your position, grenadiers are legit, I’ve been killed plenty of times now because they keep flushing me out of cover and into flanking enemies. Even had one last night where the rushers and grenadier pushed me into a bad spot where the 2 assaulters rushes and smoked me before I could reposition.

Much better.

Oh but I’m worried about my favorite mode from D1 being viable in a summer DC setting. Survival was great with the blizzard and sepsis bleed out. I’m not sure how survival can work in DC during the summer. Can’t really be heat exhaustion or flooding, gotta be some kinda new virus maybe taht they can create for survival mode

FYI they fixed (or at least way reduced the occurrence) of the 15s skills bug. Avoid weapons with the extra and overlap as talents to be sure

also noticed that you can re loot everything but the main crate in a control point about once a day... that for me is like 9 loot boxes and 9 weapons plus the other stuff

still need more pc clan members and update your info in the google doc if it’s not current with your gamer tags

FYI they fixed (or at least way reduced the occurrence) of the 15s skills bug. Avoid weapons with the extra and overlap as talents to be sure
also noticed that you can re loot everything but the main crate in a control point about once a day... that for me is like 9 loot boxes and 9 weapons plus the other stuff

still need more pc clan members and update your info in the google doc if it’s not current with your gamer tags

What is the bug?

And how was it being created?