NCAA football rule changes

Machinator

I watched the replay of the Texas vs, UTSA game from last season. In the second half, there was a bullshit targeting call made from the booth on Overshown.  No penalty was called on the field and there was no launch or crown of the helmet contact on the UTSA QB.   It cost Overshown a half at Tech the next week and likely had a significant impact on the Tech game outcome.  This will be one way Big 12 refs will fuck us this year.  I wonder what the over/under will be on the number of second half targeting calls on our D in Rice game.  Big 12 refs will do what they can to have multiple starters sitting out for the Alabama game first half.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I watched the replay of the Texas vs, UTSA game from last season. In the second half, there was a bullshit targeting call made from the booth on Overshown.  No penalty was called on the field and there was no launch or crown of the helmet contact on the UTSA QB.   It cost Overshown a half at Tech the next week and likely had a significant impact on the Tech game outcome.  This will be one way Big 12 refs will fuck us this year.  I wonder what the over/under will be on the number of second half targeting calls on our D in Rice game.  Big 12 refs will do what they can to have multiple starters sitting out for the Alabama game first half.  

There is a thread to bitch about big 12 refs....this is about NCAA rules.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

On my morning drive show, they said the new rules changes for player safety on clock stoppages has made a huge impact on length of games so far.  It has gone down from 3 hours 27 minutes to 3 hours 26 minutes.  

This rule change brought to you by Geico....

Media companies talk the ncaa into rule changes to shorten the game and then fill that saved time up with commercials, you know, for the safety of the players!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Like I said back when these were introduced in the summer, what fan who actually watches the games wants less football?

This was a blatant $ grab by the networks and the NCAA is dumb for agreeing to this. What a failed experiment.

They better change the rules back.

If it's about ads, just do the thing they do in soccer and incorporate half screen short ads during the 'downtime' of player injuries and reviews.

Or how about, this is nuts I know, looking into the ... gasp... ridiculous review process itself.

Like I said back when these were introduced in the summer, what fan who actually watches the games wants less football?
This was a blatant $ grab by the networks and the NCAA is dumb for agreeing to this. What a failed experiment.
They better change the rules back.
If it's about ads, just do the thing they do in soccer and incorporate half screen short ads during the 'downtime' of player injuries and reviews.
Or how about, this is nuts I know, looking into the ... gasp... ridiculous review process itself.

In the brutal 4.5 OT Thanksgiving game loss to Tech, I wanted less football.

4 hours is too long. Golf is great. 5 hours to play 18 holes sucks. See how it works.

But are there just longer commercial breaks?