Barstool Sports takes Josh Allen out for New York pizza

The Virginian

24 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

He runs a Baker Mayfield cult, obviously. 

I saw the date MARCH 30th on there and thought...damn I must have had more beer than I thought Saturday night because I do NOT recall that.  Then I saw 2018 as the year.

Its a really cool story, and I can tell it again if requested. 

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah he looks legit in just his 2nd year.  But he also has the luxury of a strong OL and competent coaching staff.

He isn't asked to do anything at all. He has 15TDs and 8 INTs. A little over 200 yards a game At some point he will have to do something to win come playoff time. Remember, Tyrod Taylor got this team to the playoffs a few years playing the same type of ball. He leans on a really good defense and a great run game. He's another Blake Bortles to me. Which can can win a little in stretches. 

I mean he looked good today but every single QB has looked good against Dallas. Eli Manning led his team to over 500 yards against this junk defense. Sam Darnold coming off mono torched this team.

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

He isn't asked to do anything at all. He has 15TDs and 8 INTs. A little over 200 yards a game At some point he will have to do something to win come playoff time. Remember, Tyrod Taylor got this team to the playoffs a few years playing the same type of ball. He leans on a really good defense and a great run game. He's another Blake Bortles to me. Which can can win a little in stretches. 

I mean he looked good today but every single QB has looked good against Dallas. Eli Manning led his team to over 500 yards against this junk defense. Sam Darnold coming off mono torched this team.

I get what you’re saying, but Allen makes a lot of “don’t show up in the stat sheet” type of plays with his running ability. Because if you’re going to say he only has 15 passing tds, you have to include his 8 rushing tds. He isn’t that accurate, but he’s gotten a lot better at that this year, and I think he continues to get better at it. I don’t know, I think he has huge upside. A lot more than Bortles. Bortles was a bum from the minute he stepped foot on an nfl field. You could tell right away. Josh Allen isn’t that. Now he might end up being Ryan Tannehill, but even Tannehill can be decent when given a running game and a good defense, like a lot of guys in the nfl. He has no WRs last year, this year he has John brown and cole Beasley, neither of which are anywhere close to a true number one wr. 

I only watched parts of the game in between doing other things but Buffalo just looked like they were enjoying themselves and playing as a team and doing all the little things. It wasn't just the quarterback but the defense and the linemen and the special teams. Their coach, I don't follow the NFL so I don't know his name, has just put it together as far as playing as a team goes. I don't think they win the division anytime soon, but they could win one playoff game this year.

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Does The Virginian still post here? Would have thought he'd come around to take his victory lap on Allen. He's turned out to be a stud.

Throw me in the "I thought you can't coach accuracy" camp. Dude has a cannon and has drastically improved his accuracy/situational accuracy in the pros. I'm happy to be proven wrong - would be a damn shame to see that much arm talent go to waste. 

4 minutes ago, Istian said:

Throw me in the "I thought you can't coach accuracy" camp. Dude has a cannon and has drastically improved his accuracy/situational accuracy in the pros. I'm happy to be proven wrong - would be a damn shame to see that much arm talent go to waste. 

Josh Allen's leap was unprecedented. Most QBs don't make the leap like he has.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1