Double wall ovens

Got a kenmore elite when we moved into this place, it's about 7 years old and has been great. First thing I bought and got it on a Sears sale. Half off on ovens if you bought online so we got a great deal. They are more expensive than I though an oven would be. But double ovens are worth it

On 6/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, Updawg said:

Really don't know how much convection helps. I use it all the time so maybe I'm just used to it. But to me it doesn't seem to speed it up that much.

convection will do a better job of browning as well as heat the oven more evenly because you're circulating the air.  I don't think it speeds anything up, though.

• 2 years later...

Necro bump.  Had a 20 year old Kenmore shit the bed at the beginning of June.  Motherboard no longer available.  We figured time to upgrade.  It's an Oven/Microwave combo and we are a few inches shy of being able to put in a double oven.  Well, turns out that appliances are pretty slim pickens these days.  I've had two things show up in stock and pop up as unavailable/backordered on delivery day.  We have a line on an LG combo convection unit.  But I'm one more no show away from grabbing a Ninja Foodie to use in conjunction with our toaster oven and waiting this crap out.  Thankfully, the microwave part of the combo still works.

On 6/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, dcbc said:

Necro bump.  Had a 20 year old Kenmore shit the bed at the beginning of June.  Motherboard no longer available.  We figured time to upgrade.  It's an Oven/Microwave combo and we are a few inches shy of being able to put in a double oven.  Well, turns out that appliances are pretty slim pickens these days.  I've had two things show up in stock and pop up as unavailable/backordered on delivery day.  We have a line on an LG combo convection unit.  But I'm one more no show away from grabbing a Ninja Foodie to use in conjunction with our toaster oven and waiting this crap out.  Thankfully, the microwave part of the combo still works.

Craigslist/Facebook market place and grab someone's remodeling castoff.

• Hook 'Em 1