Delay Between Seasons of Streaming Series

RomaVicta

I've read many people's frustration at the wait for a new season of a beloved show. I agree.

Do any of you lose interest in a series if its hiatus is too long?

Ozark won't return until next year. Better Call Saul is the same, I believe. Those are so good, that I guess I'll rewatch the earlier seasons to catch up before the new season. But what about lesser series?

I'm barely interested enough to keep up with the Handmaid's Tale. It's narrative flaws are one thing, but waiting a long time for continuation and having no interest in reviewing previous seasons made resuming that series a marginal call.

Are there series that have lost you because of a long hiatus?

What's at stake for the streaming services if they fumble away interest due to the long periods between seasons?

Anybody care?

yeah, this conversation exists in my "when is my show coming back" thread as well.

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/9285-when-is-my-show-coming-back/

i think it's not just the long layoffs, but the way the entire season drops at once.  when that happens, we typically binge, which has trained my brain to take in an entire season of television, and then basically dismiss it completely, all within a week or so.  which means after i wait a year for a new season, i have no fucking idea what was happening in the show.

spending months watching a network show is (obviously) a better way to make me care about and retain the content.