Anton Chigurh

2020 IndyCar Thread

Pigot's crash reminded me of this one. This was the first Indy that I attended and I had a ringside seat to this one. Cogan slid down pit row and came to rest within 100' of where we were sitting behind the pit area.

I chuckled when Paul Page gushed about the safety of the cars. He was right, of course , they were miles ahead of where they had been but they have come so much farther since then.

Just saw that Alonso lost 2:30 on one stop after the clutch problem hit, and also had to be pushed out two other times as well. Amazing he even finished just a lap down.

You're kidding right? That was in no way a restrictor plate race.

The field spread out within 2 laps of a restart. The lead swapped a lot between Dixon and Rossi and then again between Dixon and Sato.

There were multiple big movers. Farucci went from 19 to 4. Castroneves went 28 to 11. Jack Harvey went 20 to 9.

And 8 different teams filled the top 10.

rossi pulls out of his pit box right as herta is pulling into his.  it was so close that one of rossi's crew members pushing the car out of the box nearly tackled one of herta's coming over the wall. 

cell moving in from teh southwest in a hurry.  might pass just south

Edited by elfenix

On 9/12/2020 at 4:43 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

The NBC production crew is doing a better job than usual today. 

Lots of helpful and timely information presented in contrast to their usual "effort."

And they were back to shit again today. 

I swear, whoever is in charge of their motorsports coverage has a true contempt for the viewers.