does HEB track your purchasing history?

Well, do they? And do they resell the data to others to target the customer on Facebook?  

I purchased garden seeds there the other week, and the next day I had an ad for that specific brand of seed on Facebook for me.  I made no mention of it all on Facebook and never talk gardening or anything like that on there so it was a remarkable coincidence at best.  

Yesterday I bought a new brand of pizza and an ad for that product then appeared on my Facebook 

Edited by Bill Brasky

I noticed it for the first time just yesterday myself. I use the same card (no HEB rewards card) and a few weeks back one of the things I had purchased was razors. When I checked out she hand me my receipt with all the usual coupons and shit on the back of it but she also handed me a separate coupon for razors. The same brand that I'd bought just a few weeks back. They know what I buy, how often, what time of day... fuck that noise with a mushy cantaloupe. My K-Y usage is nobody else's business.

I'm pretty certain they track your credit card.  A few years ago I bought a 12 pack of beer and some chips & pico de gallo and they spit out a coupon for diapers.  My kids were in diapers at the time but nothing about that purchase screamed that I had kids in diapers...

It's pretty simple guys...anything that is digital is tracked.  Each digital data point can be leveraged, add more information like standard usage of mens razors, how often you buy, and you can infer quite a bit.  it's standard operating model for any consumer based business now and has been for years.