Need Apartment recs in North Austin

Felix

I'm in Austin but live south.  One of my team is moving in from out of state and asked me to recommend some apartments within easy driving distance of 183 and I35 area.  Middle to upper middle income range.  Thanks!

It's a married woman.  I don't know what her hobbies are.  Don't know about kids.  I believe this is just to be a temporary stopover to get settled into town so they can figure out where they want to live long term. 

I know it's not a great neighborhood but there are a ton of places within 10-15 minute drive that are fine.  The Domain is one I hadn't thought of.  I think Mueller area has some stuff.  I asked about budget but didn't really get a number.

I just avoid that area like the plague so I have no idea what to tell her. 

About 20 years ago I had a buddy living at The Villas of La Costa, which is somewhere east of 35 near St. Johns. Seemed OK, decent pool and tennis courts. The neighborhood was very patriotic because I could hear the pop-pop-pop of fireworks nearby almost every night I was over there.

Also it was close to Pappasito's and Pappadeaux's.

Edited by Paper_jam
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Great neighborhood.

So if this person DOESN'T want to get shot . . . Midtown Commons (near Airport & Lamar)?  The Domain?

I use to live at Austin Midtown apartments in the area, it’s off Anderson across from the Alamo Draft House, Hopdoddy, Cover 5, etc.  Great location and a decently remodeled older complex.  

Edited by Hook1997

Arboretum at Stonelake are pretty affordable, convenientish to the area, and boring as fuck.  Across the street from the movie theater behind Best Buy, lots of shopping surrounding the area.  Not actually in a neighborhood and gated parking.  I don't know if they've updated them at all recently or what they cost at this point, but it's a pretty right down the middle boring corporate run apartment complex.

I checked out this place a few weeks ago.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3891174,-97.7377739,123m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Nice place, good reviews, competitive pricing (I think it was $900/month of 1 br and $1100 for 2BR), everyone in the community seemed to be happy to see the lady showing me around, convenient to MOPAC and 183. 

There is a nicer place on 360 by Bull Creek that has private, attached garages, nice complex and greenbelt access, but it's about 20% higher.

I probably would have gone with the first place I mentioned if my complex didn't drop my rent to keep me from moving, but I am a bad case study because I basically live at my GF's place and just keep my apartment as some sort of security blanket.

25 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

what kind of interviewer are you?

She doesn't work for me.  I won't go into the specifics but I've only actually met 2 of the other 11 team members face to face as we are spread over a large part of the country.