2021 Hall of Fame thread

Beau Vine

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Edit: that is what they are hoping, that most of public will forget he failed a test.

yep. the crawfishing is going to be epic.  they are going to wait for all the big name and failed test guys they hate to fall off the list and then put Ortiz in and let the veterans committee deal with the fallout.  ARod v Ortiz is going to be a problem for them though.

Its going to be comical.  I'm pretty much fuck the HOF voters if they do put him in. 

They already have an out with Ortiz - he (allegedly) failed a test in '03 but it was before the testing was tied to an "official" PED rule in MLB - before the mandatory testing was implemented. It came out in the Mitchell Report years later that he failed a test. But that report had some flaws, so it has largely been disregarded. 

It will be an interesting case. Ortiz was generally well-liked. Bonds and Clemens were pricks of the highest order. I think that is what it will come down to. 

24 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

They already have an out with Ortiz - he (allegedly) failed a test in '03 but it was before the testing was tied to an "official" PED rule in MLB - before the mandatory testing was implemented. It came out in the Mitchell Report years later that he failed a test. But that report had some flaws, so it has largely been disregarded. 

It will be an interesting case. Ortiz was generally well-liked. Bonds and Clemens were pricks of the highest order. I think that is what it will come down to. 

they have outs with Bonds and Clemens also but agree that they will really really want to put Ortiz in.  the gymnastics will be fun to watch.  getcha popcorn ready

I don't remember Clemens being a prick with the media until the PED thing started but have to admit that he may have been just wasn't on my radar. Bonds was always that way.

The fact that Bonds and Clemens aren't in is just absurd.  Clemens is a top 5 pitcher, Bonds is a top 5 hitter, and I seriously doubt that they were doing anything special that almost every guy in their era was doing- which basically is what every baseball player ever has done- play within the context of their time and space.  It's really, really, really, really dumb.

I love Biggio  I really really like Bagwell. I'd be shocked if either of them were clean, in the same way I'd be shocked if basically anyone that played in that era was clean.  From all accounts it seems like basically everybody was doing it, and the guys that got popped were banjo hitting middle infielders and pus throwing bullpen relievers.  I know it wasn't everybody, but it was in every single fucking clubhouse for sure- and to try to sort out who was getting a boost and who wasn't is a fools errand that only the most dim amongst us would endeavor to take on and referee.  So, of course a bunch of dipshit sports writers are ruining everything here, including tortured and butt fucking logic and consistency.  Fuck em all. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm a Bonds fan even though I'm not a fan of punks. Juice or not I've never seen anyone so locked in. He might get one or two hittable pitches a game and just mash one. Game after game it seemed.

I'm on the side of guilt by association. How long or often did you have to use? Is one time enough? What about if you truly didn't know exactly what it was you were taking? If you were a long time user, you probably knew. I'm pretty confident some dudes took stuff from time to time unaware of what it was based on trust with the provider.

I'm also on the side of the greenies being PEDs too. And I'm quite confident that if you took those, there's a reasonably good chance you would have taken steroids if available. Especially if certain peers began to pass you up. Not everyone would have but certainly some would.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 5:44 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

The fact that Bonds and Clemens aren't in is just absurd.  Clemens is a top 5 pitcher, Bonds is a top 5 hitter, and I seriously doubt that they were doing anything special that almost every guy in their era was doing- which basically is what every baseball player ever has done- play within the context of their time and space.  It's really, really, really, really dumb.

I love Biggio  I really really like Bagwell. I'd be shocked if either of them were clean, in the same way I'd be shocked if basically anyone that played in that era was clean.  From all accounts it seems like basically everybody was doing it, and the guys that got popped were banjo hitting middle infielders and pus throwing bullpen relievers.  I know it wasn't everybody, but it was in every single fucking clubhouse for sure- and to try to sort out who was getting a boost and who wasn't is a fools errand that only the most dim amongst us would endeavor to take on and referee.  So, of course a bunch of dipshit sports writers are ruining everything here, including tortured and butt fucking logic and consistency.  Fuck em all. 

Agree, sadly on the Killer Bs part too, but boy ... I'd love for them to be clean.