2021 ATP/WTA Thread

UDontKnow

9 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Miss Sunshine completes the comeback over Halep. She'll play the billionaires daughter next round

14 words

2 sentences 

More descriptive than Hemingway in his prime.

This told me WHO was playing, HOW they did, and a general take on players on the tour.

Love this.

👍 👍 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Andreescu cheating like a mother fucker having a full-on coaching session as she acts like she's drying off the handle of her racquet. 

She should have at least been docked a point (because she'd already received coaching before) and maybe a game considering she was chatting away, not just getting a quick tip like "backhand" or "press".

Glad to see Ons Jabeur send her home.

10 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Dani forces 3 yet again, this time against Pegula. 

The Billionaires’ daughter snuffs out Miss Sunshine at about 1:34am Montréal local time to put an end to the sunny run. 

Side Note: Serena ain’t ever winning another major.

• Hook 'Em 2

WOMEN:

I really appreciate how K. Pliskova is able to pound the shit out of the ball without wailing until her opponent is starting her swing.

Although I would love to slather Sabalenka in oil and wrestle her for a while, her screeching and awful attitude gives Serena a run for the Big C crown.

Pliskova really turned it on at Wimbledon and seems like a favorite heading into the US Open and Giorgi seems to be on an amazing run of form. She's battled through plenty of highly ranked opponents this week.

MEN:

Any day that Isner loses is a good day for the sport, but Isner Jr. beating Tsitsipas is a surprise. Balding Stickman Russian will have to have his return game going tomorrow, but once we get past serves, there is no comparison in the talent. (But I would have said the same against Tsitsipas.)

• Hook 'Em 2