2021 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

Guest Lobo

They may have submitted a bid, but they were not chosen as one of the final 20/16.  I should have left it more vague...my bad. 

At the time, it did not look like the Big XII was deserving of four hosts.  You could still make that contention now, but just found it odd as well.  

When does the final list of 16 come out?  Week from today?  

Whole bracket is revealed at 11:00a on Memorial Day, FYI.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

They may have submitted a bid, but they were not chosen as one of the final 20/16.  I should have left it more vague...my bad. 

At the time, it did not look like the Big XII was deserving of four hosts.  You could still make that contention now, but just found it odd as well.  

When does the final list of 16 come out?  Week from today?  

Whole bracket is revealed at 11:00a on Memorial Day, FYI.  

Quite a few years ago the NCAA made a point that the selection of regional host sites would no longer be about money.  I really wanted us to bid $1 to host then and call that for the bullshit it was.

This year they asked all the sites to bid early so they could have a month to prepare.  That seems like money that could be better spent elsewhere.  They found 20 sites willing to jump through an extra step just to have a chance at being a regional host.

I am biased two ways on this, I live on the best coast so I like when Texas gets sent to California/Arizona for the postseason. I think it's good practice since national championships are won on the road. 

Guest Lobo

Yeah, I overlook it at times, but TCU's pre-May resume is still damn impressive.  And the committee doesn't weigh "what have you done for me lately" as much in baseball as they do in basketball.  I think our league deserves 3 national seeds, but I don't think it happens.  To your point, it may be as simple as "Whoever between TCU and Tech wins the most games in OKC gets the second Big XII National Seed."  There's a number of teams coming on strong and/or solidifying their resume for a Top 8 that are not from the SEC. 

And the way final RPI's have shaken out, does not look like we'll get screwed by the committee and face TCU or Tech in the Supers.  i know there's an extra emphasis on geography/travel this year, but it's bullshit in some cases.  Statistically speaking if we get a #2-#4, most likely a #3...we'll draw an SEC team because of "proximity."  Probably Florida or Ole Miss regional winners.  With Oregon being a way-way outside shot.  

Bunch of projection sites came out over lunch.  OK-State gets a close to home #2 in most of 'em.......but they draw Arkansas.  Ouch.  

Baylor Gets that middle-ish #3 in most, usually at Mississippi State.  

OU in "Last 4 Out" category.  

Guest Lobo

Baylor:  If Jesus wants to save us from Covid-19, he will protect us!

Everybody else:  Uh, he sent you mitigation measures, therapeutics, and a vaccine, all in less than a year.  

Baylor:  Ah well, nevertheless.  (also, we're hearing reports that the vaccine can cause infertility in women so kinda takes some of the fun outta gang rape).  

• 1 month later...

someone post a 2022 Big 12 thread and get it started.  coaching shake up at TCU plus Texas and Tech gotta be clear favs for 1/2 in the conference.  Pierce undoubtedly up for big 12 coach of the year next year too.  any assistant news?  draft news?  yes I'm bumping any relevant thread. fuck that guy.