2018 Wimbledon

spystud13

6 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

Taylor Fritz is giving me some hope for US men's tennis .. .....his backhand lob at 6-5 in third was 😮

He and Tiafoe are the top young Americans. Loads of talent. Fritz had some injuries then had a kid and got married. If he stays focused and healthy he can be a top 10 player.

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He and Tiafoe are the top young Americans. Loads of talent. Fritz had some injuries then had a kid and got married. If he stays focused and healthy he can be a top 10 player.

Donaldson is good too, but just got edged out by Tsitsipas today. Tiafoe has put up some good results but I question how far his unorthodox form can take him.

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Donaldson is good too, but just got edged out by Tsitsipas today. Tiafoe has put up some good results but I question how far his unorthodox form can take him.

His forehand is Edberg level ugly but otherwise nothing wrong with the rest IMHO.

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

Cilic just lost in the most absurd fashion. He was leading 6-3 6-1 against Guido Pella, then completely collapsed. 

Perhaps this will make up for Argentina losing to France in the World Cup when they failed to score on a last second cross in injury time.

I'm fairly certain that the average Argentine soccer fan will be sated by Guido Pella's come-from-behind win over Cilic.

Keys admitted she was thinking ahead to facing Serena Williams while battling Rodina when she was leading in the first set.

"Honestly, I think today was a massive mishandle of nerves," Keys said. "I felt my mind go and move on. I don't think I did a good job of keeping in the moment and playing the person who was in front of me."

That was Rodina, a 29-year-old Russian who entered the day never having made it to the fourth round at any Grand Slam tournament, with a career tour-level winning percentage of .408, and an 0-15 record against anyone ranked in the top 20.

"Of course, I am surprised a little bit," Rodina said afterward, "because I won."

.408, jesus shit. 

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

.408, jesus shit. 

Maybe they meant 40.8%, because according to Wikipedia, here professional record from both satellite tours and the top tour is:

Career record 376–252

...which is 59.87%  in the lower levels and in the top tour.

To have a 0.408% winning percentage, she would have had to win 1 time in 245 matches.

I don't know how many years it would take of losing the first match of every tournament (243) to have 243 losses in addition to winning the first match and then losing the second one tournament, because you'd also have to play enough satellite matches to go 375 - 8 in those tournaments. 

Also, she has 1 WTA title and only 13 ITA titles. You can't go 375 - 8 in ITA tournaments and only have 13 titles. She would have to have around 40 to 50 titles... and it would be impossible to have 1 WTA title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evgeniya_Rodina 

50 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Kerber has a 1 in 16 shot as far as I'm concerned. There are no favorites. Just flip a coin on the womens side

That's pretty much been women's tennis any time Serena isn't in the draw or is coming back from an injury for the last 10 years.