2018 Wimbledon

spystud13

Last chance for Nadal at Wimbledon? Have you not seen how he’s played this year? lol

This match was too atypical for Nadal...waiting around all day yesterday, play super late, resume early play after probably whack ass sleep...roof closed.

All things Nadal reallllly hates. OCD as fuck when it comes to his ways. Just they way he is.

13 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I have some friends who go to the U.S. Open and they say it is a blast.

I’ve been to the US Open 3 times since 2010. 

My first 2 times I met up with friends the first week. A friend who lived in NYC a number of years always picked a day in the middle of the first week because there is action on every side court in addition to the stadiums. You don’t usually get great matchups, at least not including the top seeds, but you can see so many players that you’ve heard of and it is easier to get a seat in the General Admission seating in the stadiums. 

My last I just happened to be in NYC when Del Potro won his Round of 16 match and so I bought a Stadium Ticket for the Night Matches. 

There was a women’s match first and then Delpo & Warinka squared off in an intense, and long, 4 set match that ended around midnight. 

People kept leaving because they had work, so those of us in the upper deck could keep moving closer. 

The thing is that the grounds are a ghost town from the middle of the 2nd week ->

9 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

Unfortunate for Rafa to blow those break point opportunities in the 5th. This was probably his last chance for a Wimbledon final. Hopefully Kandy Man takes it tomorrow.

Nadal will still be a force at next year's Wimbledon. Really happy that Djokovic has regained his old form and will continue to challenge him (at least on non-clay surfaces)

4 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Last chance for Nadal at Wimbledon? Have you not seen how he’s played this year? lol

This match was too atypical for Nadal...waiting around all day yesterday, play super late, resume early play after probably whack ass sleep...roof closed.

All things Nadal reallllly hates. OCD as fuck when it comes to his ways. Just they way he is.

Djoker still isn’t back to 100% and Rafa had a favorable draw this year. I suppose he could be back if he gets that same fortune, but I think it’s unlikely. 

25 minutes ago, texas08 said:

...this match was too atypical for Nadal...waiting around all day yesterday, play super late, resume early play after probably whack ass sleep...roof closed.... All things Nadal reallllly hates. OCD as fuck when it comes to his ways. Just they way he is.

I noticed this for the first time yesterday as it took him about 10 seconds for him to place one his water only Evian bottle next to his yellow/orange solution-filled Evian bottle because he couldn’t get it in just the right place. 

I have a few OCD-esque tendencies, but watching him not being able to get the bottle just right was eye-opening. 

Edited by Napoleon

A quick look at this thread and i didn't see any real conversation about whether the no tie break in the 5th set is a good thing or not. I get all the arguments for the tie break, but there is something about having to play out the last set. I remember when there was no tie break and all sets were played out. Commentators and players want it changed. I'm guessing it will get changed, and when it does i will be a little sad. 

Chris Fowler was so over the top when it ended. Basically no credit to Kerber.

Kerber is a better tennis player than Williams right now. All time? Williams is probably the greatest and much much better than Kerber. 6 months from now? I'd put my money on Williams being better again. Right now? Kerber is better and the superior player beat the crap out of the inferior player.