2018-19 Championship League (English Second Tier)

MoJames

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

Teams are even at the half... I've heard lots of complaints today about AVTV not keeping a signal.

Yeah it had some problems near the end of the 1st half when I jinxed it but was fine for the 2nd. Crazy game and outside of the midfield it wasn't a good showing, but hey 3 points against Wigan will work.

Oh and sorry about QPR Sean that's a bad loss.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah it had some problems near the end of the 1st half when I jinxed it but was fine for the 2nd. Crazy game and outside of the midfield it wasn't a good showing, but hey 3 points against Wigan will work.

Oh and sorry about QPR Sean that's a bad loss.

Yeah home loss to Sheffield Utd after taking the lead is a worrying result.  Haven't created nearly enough chances in the first two games.

18 hours ago, Pathetic Shark said:

latest was that Tammy wanted to stay and fight for his place.  Ridiculous decision if so.  Loftus-Cheek and drink water should push for loans too.  A couple of carabao cup appearances aren’t enough

Drinkwater should push for a transfer imo.  With Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC and Cesc coming back at some point, I don't see how he plays.

Tammy is only behind Morata and Giroud.  I could see him getting playing time before DD and maybe RLC.  But I think RLC will start being a big role in the rotation of the MF once we start playing 2 games a week.

Was also mentioned that Tammy didn't want to go down to Tier 2 after playing consistently for Swansea in the PL. I imagine there will be some movement in January with the Midfield.

• 1 month later...

Club statement: Aston Villa make triple appointment

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the appointments of Dean Smith as our new Head Coach, John Terry as Assistant Coach and Jesus Garcia Pitarch as Sporting Director.

Smith, a lifelong Villa fan, is known for his exciting and attractive brand of football which he implemented in his previous posts at both Brentford and Walsall.

Terry spent the final year of his illustrious playing career at Villa Park as he captained the club to the play-off final last season and brings a wealth of experience with him to his new role from his time as skipper of both Chelsea and England.

And Pitarch has occupied Director of Football roles at both Valencia and Atletico Madrid in his native Spain. 

During his time at Valencia, the club won the La Liga title and UEFA Cup and Atletico lifted the Europa League and the European Super Cup during his tenure.