Cattle & Ranching

Errestaurants

I have one of these in the back of my Polaris.  Not enough for his 55 acres, but I figure I can keep the dove hunting spots I had cleared at bay for awhile with your suggested witches brews…

IMG_2680.jpeg

Posted (edited)

That sprayer will work fine.  There are some recommendations for different spray nozzle sizes but I just use what came with the sprayer.  

Here’s a couple of PDFs I saved a few years ago with different mix ratios for different applications and a slide deck from one of the AgExt BrushBuster seminars.  There are some of the seminar videos on YouTube if you want more info.

ManagingDeep-RootedInvasions.pdf

brush-busters-quick-mixing-guide.pdf

Killin’ mesquite, honey locust and huisache is serious bidness.

Edited by davidg
  • Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Cajun said:

Help a no-nothing here out ~ What do y'all spray the mesquite remnants with?

I don't think my cousin sprayed shit, but he had all that cleared area hit with a disc, then plowed, and then had grass seed planted.

Is he going to get a nasty surprise soon?

Yeah, he's a mesquite small-bush farmer now

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I came across an interesting Youtube channel of an outback ranch manager in central Western Australia who manages 3500 head on 1 million acres.  Interesting technology where he's setup Wi-Fi across the property at all their watering holes and repeater stations, self-mustering yards, daily repairs and lots of feral animal elimination... 

Edited by Grimas
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Grimas said:

I came across an interesting Youtube channel of an outback ranch manager in central Western Australia who manages 3500 head on 1 million acres.  Interesting technology where he's setup Wi-Fi across the property at all their watering holes and repeater stations, self-mustering yards, daily repairs and lots of feral animal elimination... 

From what I remember when I was there, seems overgrazed.  Sort of joking. Just unbelievably desolate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Grimas said:

Reminds me of a great doc on Netflix called "Muster Dogs".  It's a challenge-doc for five ranchers to turn Aussie Kelpie pups into champion muster dogs over a year (I think).  Those ranches are so isolated and technology and resources are so scarce, the muster dogs are absolutely critical to many ranchers to help move and control their herds.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Reminds me of a great doc on Netflix called "Muster Dogs".  It's a challenge-doc for five ranchers to turn Aussie Kelpie pups into champion muster dogs over a year (I think).  Those ranches are so isolated and technology and resources are so scarce, the muster dogs are absolutely critical to many ranchers to help move and control their herds.  

I really like the sessions where they are making bush fixes on equipment with Uncle Ant. Kinda reminds me of me and my dad fixing stuff - we kinda knew what we wanted to do and they eventually get the task done but it usually takes 3x more time than expected…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1