Far Cry 3

Goo Punch

Kill everything, skin everything (if applicable), learn your take downs, try capturing outposts without detection or alarms. If you fail, just reload and try again. Once the wingsuit is available, get proficient with it. The timed challenges are a lot of fun, too.

I hop back and forth between main missions, side quests, challenges, and collectibles. Others complete the main line first and then go back and finish everything else. There's no right or wrong, imo.

I love the FC franchise because they aren't serious. You don't have to put a lot of thought into them (compared to say, a Fallout title, when you are planning every skill you will train and at what level, or how you need a certain amount of downtime to clear your inventory, upgrade armor/weapons, etc.).

Just kill shit, my dude.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Just finished. That was the best video game I’ve ever played. I think I’m going to play it again right now. For someone who isn’t a gamer at all, this game blew my mind. Wow. Just wow.

Oh yeah, and I chose to leave my friends behind and become a Rakyat warrior. I died right after busting a nut, so I guess in the end it all worked out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I played this game a few years ago, good time killer but nothing too deep or engaging, like a cheesy action movie to watch when you have nothing else to do. These open world games with the same map and crafting and taking down enemy camps games have grown like those crazy frogs in Australia over the past few years. The gameplay and action sequences were tight, easy to pick up.

I never felt the need to try the other Far Cry games, and they are pretty far down on my list of things to do now.

• 2 months later...

it was funny, when i first saw him i saw like, "damn, that guy looks like michael mando." and then he started talking and i was like, "holy shit that is michael mando!" he killed it as vaas. i a thally read that they had a whole different character for that part, and that when mando came in and did his audition that they loved it so much that they created the vaas montenegro character and made him the focal point of the game/cover.

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2018 at 5:32 AM, trza-hawk said:

I played this game a few years ago, good time killer but nothing too deep or engaging, like a cheesy action movie to watch when you have nothing else to do. These open world games with the same map and crafting and taking down enemy camps games have grown like those crazy frogs in Australia over the past few years. The gameplay and action sequences were tight, easy to pick up.

I never felt the need to try the other Far Cry games, and they are pretty far down on my list of things to do now.

I've never played any of the Far Cry games before, but I got #5 this weekend.  Holy shit, it's awesome.