Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

20 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Right now it does. Vic is going to get a few years to clean the program of Aston stink. Lets hope he's able to do that, otherwise he won't last here much longer than that.

Full of bad shooters who weren’t great high school talent except Celeste and Collier 

On 1/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Right now it does. Vic is going to get a few years to clean the program of Aston stink. Lets hope he's able to do that, otherwise he won't last here much longer than that.

Assuming something crazy doesn't happen, Coach Vic will get at least 4 more years at TEXAS to clean this mess up.

Not sure next season will be any better than this year with such a horrible roster situation...  🤔

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Assuming something crazy doesn't happen, Coach Vic will get at least 4 more years at TEXAS to clean this mess up.

Not sure next season will be any better than this year with such a horrible roster situation...  🤔

Next year will feature Harmon, Moore and Hunter. Those 3 are going to make a huge impact. They are elite players.  And the #1 JUCO guard. 

Yep.  Honestly, whether Collier stays or goes, we will be a really good team. 

• Harmon/Hunter/Chevalier/Lambert (if she comes back) all run some combo of 1-2
  • Taylor/Warren/Allen-Taylor/Ortiz at the 2-3
  • Moore/Gaston/Collier/Coleman (if she returns) at the 4
  • Ebo/Johnson/Collier at the 5

Vic inherited a roster that was basically Collier and Taylor and 3 other players.  Teams figured out really quick doubling and tripling Collier kills us.  Not helping was waiting for Ebo to get cleared by the NCAA, then missing games; Warren injured (as usual); Lambert recovering from an injury; Celeste missing games; Gaston now out.  Coleman is out this year. 

Having Collier is great but guard play wins you games.  Harmon and Hunter are elite guards. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

With #23 and #24 both losing (#25 Tennessee beat #12 Kentucky), Texas may reappear in the rankings at #24, replacing Iowa State, who they beat. 

We sit at 11-3 overall and 5-2 in conference, in a tie for 3rd with WV.  Baylor leads at 5-1 and ISU is at 6-2 (both losses to Texas). 

Our next 5, before our first meeting with Baylor, shakes out as:

@ Oklahoma State - 9-5 (5-3)
Texas Tech - 8-7 (3-6)
@ Oklahoma - 4-7 (1-5)
West Virginia - 11-2 (5-2)
Oklahoma State - 9-5 (5-3)

As I said, I don't think we lose to WV or Tech at home.  Oklahoma sucks, so 4-1 is likely and 5-0 wouldn't shock me.

We've only had 1 game postponed so far (1/12 vs OU) so we will have to find a time to make that game up. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t think Collier is the #1 pick. She’s getting outplayed by Mack and misses too many layups 

The missed layups are frustrating. She's the #1 pick based on her ceiling, but she needs to show that she can get there. I think she definitely needs another year of college ball before moving to the pros.