Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

Dang sloppy 2nd half so far -- 22pt TEXAS lead has shrunk to only 8pts with just under 8 minutes left in 4th quarter.  Some poor execution on offensive end...

Good timeout by Vic -- Collier needs to step up with the K-State starting center already fouling out.  

• Like 1

I predict we won’t play 18 conference games and there won’t be a conference tournament. The regular season champ will get the autobid to the 32 team tournament, all of which will take place in San Antonio. They’ll just cut down on at large teams and eliminate an entire round.  

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

I predict we won’t play 18 conference games and there won’t be a conference tournament. The regular season champ will get the autobid to the 32 team tournament, all of which will take place in San Antonio. They’ll just cut down on at large teams and eliminate an entire round.  

I’m not hearing they are cutting the teams down.  They’ll be using multiple sites though. 

I’ve been lucky.  None of my games have been cancelled.  My D1 boss sent me my January schedule a few weeks ago.  I think the first few weeks will get postponed all over the place but because those are conference games, they’ll get made up even if it means doing a back-to-back the next time those teams play.  

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m not hearing they are cutting the teams down.  They’ll be using multiple sites though. 

I’ve been lucky.  None of my games have been cancelled.  My D1 boss sent me my January schedule a few weeks ago.  I think the first few weeks will get postponed all over the place but because those are conference games, they’ll get made up even if it means doing a back-to-back the next time those teams play.  

Multiple sites within San Antonio?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/14/sports/ncaabasketball/ncaa-womens-basketball-tournament-san-antonio.html

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That article references one region meaning SA. 

They are still deciding venues.  They cannot just do 1 arena.  That wouldn't be possible. 

In its announcement, the committee said it was still finalizing dates and venues, but that it was in preliminary talks with officials in the area surrounding San Antonio 

22 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

36-33 Texas at halftime. We've given up a lot of layups on defense due to missed assignments. We need to continue to feed Collier even though she's struggling and getting double teamed.

Double and triple teamed 

17 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

WVU is going to be tough. They were the only Big 12 team with a win in that Big 12/SEC challenge when they beat Tennessee. 

7-2 with losses to Baylor and Ok State. 1-2 in conf play. 

No idea how good Tenn is - their games against Texas, A&M and Kentucky have all been postponed. 

Edited by Js1

39 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

Typical Coach Vic win, and will only get better when his recruiting kicks in.  After only half a season, the team fundamentals improvement is encouraging.

Good things:

Halftime adjustments and great 3rd Q

Kept ISU under 40% shooting

Won the rebounding battle

All 5 starters scored double digits 

9/20 on threes

16 assists on 28 made baskets 

Bad things:

Didn't shoot well overall - lots of missed layups 

15 turnovers

50% from FT line

• Hook 'Em 1