This was an amazing win

Michael Knight

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

This. We were up 17-7 and got the ball back and should have put them away. We went 3 and out without gaining a single yard. There’s never a killer instinct with Herman teams. 

This exact series was where I got very worried and after the ensuing game, is why I am back fully in the fire Herman camp.  I thought he had decided to let Yurcich truly run the offense and go for the knockout.  Nope, he still coaches like a Mack inspired pussy.  

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

That was kinda obvious if so, looked like shit Tom offense most of the second half.  Run, run, pass or throw it one yard, run, pass, makes sense now

Pretty sure it was 2nd and 20 after a holding call that we ran a delay draw into the line for a 3 yard loss and I was wondering who was calling the plays.  

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's not totally mutually exclusive to his point, although he could have worded it better.

Sure, we've lost there just twice since 2000, but both those losses denied chances at a national title for Texas. They are 2 of the most impactful 10 (regular season*) losses for this program since 2000. Maybe THE 2 worst if you don't include OU games. 2008 is certainly #1 and it isn't close.

In 2006 they played a #5 ranked Texas team to within 4 points. In 2016 we needed an interception on the last drive to seal the game up 8 points. In 2018 we needed a phenomenal TD on our last drive to take the lead and win by one score.

Fucky shit happens in Lubbock. Even if 2008 was our only loss there in the last 20 years that would still be true.

Well said. 

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There seems to be two sides to this camp. I’m in both. It was a great win in that it should have been a loss and wasn’t. To comeback like that, regardless of opponent, says something about this team.

But. It’s another Texas team that lacks discipline, can’t tackle and is constantly out of position on defense, gets completely outclassed by the opposing staff when it comes to halftime adjustments, and has an offense that turtles for large stretches of a game.

In other words, same as it ever was. Herman ain’t the dude.

yeah mostly this

I have a hard time seeing Herman as the man. He may get some aspects of the machine up and running a bit more, he be may smart, but he delivers a dumb product. Or at least a product that is dumber than it should be. Not sure how much of that is simply the drama and inertia that our school has around the program and/or his inability to assume the right level of ownership that a HC needs. He seems to be just one level off of total ownership here. To me that's being stubborn and/or arrogant a bit, which I know is his persona a bit so that may be clouding my judgement. 

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's not totally mutually exclusive to his point, although he could have worded it better.

Sure, we've lost there just twice since 2000, but both those losses denied chances at a national title for Texas. They are 2 of the most impactful 10 (regular season*) losses for this program since 2000. Maybe THE 2 worst if you don't include OU games. 2008 is certainly #1 and it isn't close.

In 2006 they played a #5 ranked Texas team to within 4 points. In 2016 we needed an interception on the last drive to seal the game up 8 points. In 2018 we needed a phenomenal TD on our last drive to take the lead and win by one score.

Fucky shit happens in Lubbock. Even if 2008 was our only loss there in the last 20 years that would still be true.

Tech was Mack's TCU Cockroaches...