Coach Tom Allen, Indiana

Beau Vine

41 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Does it matter? I mean, we hired a goofy fuckwad to lead our team.  

We can probably stop worrying about this going forward.

Sorry, it was a not very obvious Tim Allen joke.  Because I quoted a post that referenced last man standing which is a show Tim allen is currently in, and Tim Allen was on a show called "tool time" in the 90s.  It was a poorly constructed joke and I apologise profusely.  

On 12/6/2020 at 2:19 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Their DC needs a good hard look from out new coach. 

On 12/6/2020 at 3:21 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Posted this the other day - Kane Wommack is the real star there imo. 

On 12/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

It's Tom Allen's defense. He came in as DC for Kevin Wilson and immediately turned their defense around. 

The DC at IU is Kane Wommack. I couldn't say whether he's any better than Marcus Freeman at Cincinnati. 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:44 PM, George Clooney said:

Wommack is outstanding, but their offense is legit too. I posted this in another thread, but Allen's rise at IU reminds me a lot of when Mack finally got UNC rolling. However, I think the one key difference is Mack's legendary recruiting acumen. I'm not sure that Allen has that, but some of his assistants sure do.

Womack takes head coaching job at USA. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Just goes to show you how important football revenue is even at a basketball school like IU. Archie Miller by comparison

Obtained via records request by IndyStar, the contract — which took effective March 25 and runs through March 2024 — will pay Miller an average of $3.35 million per year. Given his program's performance on the court, in the classroom and even in scheduling, that number could rise above $4 million, thanks to more than $1 million in potential bonuses.

Miller's guaranteed compensation, which is comprised of yearly base pay ($550,000), outside, marketing and promotional income ($1.65-1.95 million annually) and deferred compensation ($1 million annually) immediately makes him one of college basketball's 10 highest-paid coaches.