Oklahoma State @ Texas on LHN at 1.

SDG

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah ok state is not shitty.  they aren't elite, but they aren't shitty.

Didn't see a lot of the game but at first glance they look improved. 

I'll take it.  Need to notch every conf. win we can, especially at home. It's one less WTF home loss than in seasons past.

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Didn't see a lot of the game but at first glance they look improved. 

I'll take it.  Need to notch every conf. win we can, especially at home. It's one less WTF home loss than in seasons past.

I had blocked out our senior day 2020 fiasco. Woof 

i'm convinced that our shot selection from deep will be the no.1 factor in regards to where we finish in this conference, barring anything like injuries or suspensions. we take so many terrible threes that are just wasted possessions, with the long rebounds negating our size advantage and often leading to transition for the other team. we could have easily put OSU away and won this game by 15-20 today, but we let them stay in it with a couple of different periods where we just chunked up one terrible pull-up three after another. 
also, i think that a lot of people are really excited and are quick to claim that we are "for real" this year based on what we've seen, but i still see the same cracks that this program has always suffered for under Shaka, and he is still going to get out-coached on a regular basis in a very tough league. stupid shot selection, stupid turnovers, way too many stupid fouls for multiple key players every game; it's all still there. we've been winning because of our talent, but when we struggle in this league it will be because of our coaching disadvantage and lack of accountability. it's the same as it ever was, except that we finally have a senior laden, super experienced, uber athletic team where the one-and-done is a featuring perimeter player, and not a focal point who plays down low. that kind of talent and experience can cover a lot of those cracks, but make no mistake- they're still there. 

Shot selection and TOs are just something you have to live with when ur such a perimeter guard oriented team like this one. Our bigs are more slashers/finishers than they are post players. I’d like to see more perimeter shots come off dribble/drive/kick but but it’s unrealistic to not expect a couple ill advised impatient possessions when guards have the ball in their hands as much as ours do, imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Horns RD Standard said:

Shot selection and TOs are just something you have to live with when ur such a perimeter guard oriented team like this one. Our bigs are more slashers/finishers than they are post players. I’d like to see more perimeter shots come off dribble/drive/kick but but it’s unrealistic to not expect a couple ill advised impatient possessions when guards have the ball in their hands as much as ours do, imo

I agree with you ion principle, it's just the frequency with which we settle for poor, hastily taken threes that concerns me.

I agree with you ion principle, it's just the frequency with which we settle for poor, hastily taken threes that concerns me.

And the lack of ball movement and accurate passing around the perimeter ... our guards waste too much time dribbling in place and letting the defense get set... and sadly our guards make some sloppy passes to open shooters that require the shooter to make a catch way outside of the shooting posture ... I like the team ... our guards have all had good games ... someone needs to get in their asses when they phone in the focus and try to imitate James harden ... but they have a very loose reign and seem to be on the coaches’ good side regardless of how they’re playing

• Hook 'Em 1

How did we almost lose this game when after our initial 2nd half run OSU never had the ball with the ability to tie or take the lead?

That being said we played a sloppy as fuck game. If this team were to run their offense with any level of precision or high level execution we'd be a sight to behold, but seems as though we win despite our efforts at times to give the game away. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1