Oklahoma State @ Texas on LHN at 1.

SDG

This team is so fucking stupid. Jones had a chance to start a break by out letting the ball, instead he dribbles the ball, gets it picked that leads to a layup and the 5th Ramey foul. I love how our bench has almost as many fouls as the entire OSU team does. This team has no control or discipline.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This team is so fucking stupid. Jones had a chance to start a break by out letting the ball, instead he dribbles the ball, gets it picked that leads to a layup and the 5th Ramey foul. I love how our bench has almost as many fouls as the entire OSU team does. This team has no control or discipline.

Jones has brainfarts like that in transition pretty often.

Nice win. Okie lite got super hot down the stretch but it was never quite in doubt. Don't beleive they had a possession to take the lead after that Texas run that got the lead to double digits.

Brown was phenomenal. Starting to look like a lottery pick like most expected. Jones was great too other than that awful turnover in crunch time.

The pokes are probably going to be a good team but they aren't at Kansas or Baylor's level. Texas will need to be better than they were today against better opponents.

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Wish he wasn’t one and done.

So you wish he wasn't as good? 

He's incredible for an 18 year old. Extremely polished. Going to be a good amount of games like this one where he won't be able to simply will you to a win by himself, though.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

He's incredible for an 18 year old. Extremely polished. Going to be a good amount of games like this one where he won't be able to simply will you to a win by himself, though.

I wish he could grow with the other young guys. It really sucks that we didn’t have some veterans and let Cade take us up to another level, but everyone else is young  and Cade won’t single handedly get us further that somewhere in the middle of the standings, hopefully. We dominated TCU most of that game and still lost at the end. Really painful.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, what the fuck was that? I could have sworn Texas should have had 71 on the board and couldn't figure out what happened. I figured there was a lane violation I missed or something.

@Panchorefs really were terrible. I wouldn't fault Texas for having more fouls in this one. There were at least 5 offensive fouls Texas was called for and at least a few of them were terrible calls. As long as the okie players could simply make it in front of the ball handler to draw contact and fall down they were calling everything a charge. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Misread carry on.

Edited by hobbes2702

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I wish he could grow with the other young guys. It really sucks that we didn’t have some veterans and let Cade take us up to another level, but everyone else is young  and Cade won’t single handedly get us further that somewhere in the middle of the standings, hopefully. We dominated TCU most of that game and still lost at the end. Really painful.

I mean, yeah. Texas has wasted so many elite one and dones I guess I'm just numb to it. You'd still always rather have them than not, though. He'll be fun to follow at the next level.

Greg Brown with 14 rebounds today. Many of them absolutely critical. Who was it on here that was so concerned about his rebounding? I’ve been saying from the beginning that it is very impressive. If there is a loose ball, there is a very high chance he will come up with it.

OSU is scrappy and is going to win some games. We played sloppy, but that is in large part due to their tenacity.

Congrats to the Horns.  Almost blew it at home against a shitty team, but we're looking pretty good overall.  

I almost feel bad for Herman.  With Shaka on the up and up, Tom went from being the Athletics dept. darling to one of the worst coaches on campus and probably the most overpaid failure in the Big XII.  Must be nice.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Congrats to the Horns.  Almost blew it at home against a shitty team, but we're looking pretty good overall.  

I almost feel bad for Herman.  With Shaka on the up and up, Tom went from being the Athletics dept. darling to one of the worst coaches on campus and probably the most overpaid failure in the Big XII.  Must be nice.

Oklahoma state is not shitty lol. No middle of the pack B12 team is ever shitty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Great start to conference play. Not often one gets the W shooting 38 percent to the opponent's 48 percent.

Brown was huge all game, and Coleman came through when it mattered most.

Watching the team in crunch time is exasperating and exhausting, though. So many bad possessions and decisions.

Still, a win is a win! /capt obv

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Are you really this stupid?  Maybe watch a little college MBB before making such terrible claims.   

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Cade is very good.  Reminds me of Jimmy Jackson at Ohio State.  

Great win for UT.  Happy for GB having a big game.  

Sorry gals, it was an off-the-cuff remark.  Obviously a middle-of-the-pack Big XII team is better than top teams in almost every other league.  I know they beat Marquette and Wichita State.  But I was just going off their recent home loss to TCU and the fact that they were picked a distant 7th in our league by the coaches and writers.  But 7 in our league is almost Top 25/RV material, so I'll take back the "shitty" word.  I forgot how people glob on a single word in obscure, quick posts around here.  

Anyway, OSU....as I fucking said...was a win worthy of my "congrats" to the Horns.  Shaka is in good shape to win some shit this year after 5 years of giving him every possibly resource.  I'm glad to see it.  

nice win.  Brown was a monster.  still not buying yet.  this conf is really tough. Shooting still an issue but we did win it at the line.  wonder if we can keep that type of FT shooting going. Sims getting about 15min a game is a good thing.  Less Ramey would be nice but not sure who takes his minutes.

Shaka needs a quick hook with Sims anytime it's clear that he doesn't have it. We have too much talent to wait on him to come around. Maybe he'll come back next year since he seems to be on an every other year performance schedule. He was great as a freshman, sucked as a sophomore, great again as a junior, and now sucking as a senior. Maybe we'll  benefit next year with COVID giving him another year to play. 

i'm convinced that our shot selection from deep will be the no.1 factor in regards to where we finish in this conference, barring anything like injuries or suspensions. we take so many terrible threes that are just wasted possessions, with the long rebounds negating our size advantage and often leading to transition for the other team. we could have easily put OSU away and won this game by 15-20 today, but we let them stay in it with a couple of different periods where we just chunked up one terrible pull-up three after another. 

also, i think that a lot of people are really excited and are quick to claim that we are "for real" this year based on what we've seen, but i still see the same cracks that this program has always suffered for under Shaka, and he is still going to get out-coached on a regular basis in a very tough league. stupid shot selection, stupid turnovers, way too many stupid fouls for multiple key players every game; it's all still there. we've been winning because of our talent, but when we struggle in this league it will be because of our coaching disadvantage and lack of accountability. it's the same as it ever was, except that we finally have a senior laden, super experienced, uber athletic team where the one-and-done is a featuring perimeter player, and not a focal point who plays down low. that kind of talent and experience can cover a lot of those cracks, but make no mistake- they're still there. 

• Like 2