2018 Chicago Cubs

Disco Missile

8-9 over their last 17 games. 

This is what i am hoping for (and yes it's asking a lot considering their recent form)

-Win today and tomorrow

-St Louis salvage the last game of the Brewers series today

Cubs up two with 3 games left 

Regardless they are going to struggle to make it out of the first round with as shitty as their bats have been over the last several weeks. 

Runs scored in last 10  home games- 0,1,1,1,3,1,3,2,2,3

Is that bad? 

i just want to see us taking pitches in the postseason. make the opposing starter throw 100+ pitches if he makes it into the 6th inning. every postseason downfall we've had in recent years has been due to poor AB after poor AB. it'll be Rizzo, KB, and Javy having a 10-pitch 3-up, 3-down, followed by Schwarber, Contreras, and Russell doing the exact same thing. We can't win that way. We need to have better AB's.

Edited by Goo Punch

45 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i just want to see us taking pitches in the postseason. make the opposing starter throw 100+ pitches if he makes it into the 6th inning. every postseason downfall we've had in recent years has been due to poor AB after poor AB. it'll be Rizzo, KB, and Javy having a 10-pitch 3-up, 3-down, followed by Schwarber, Contreras, and Russell doing the exact same thing. We can't win that way. We need to have better AB's.

I totally agree but pretty sure Russell won't be seen in the Cubs dugout again until the middle of next season at the very earliest. 

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

Going to be a dog fight this weekend

Yep.

Today is a must win. Get back to a full game lead and force the Brewers to win out.

Cubs hold the division tie breaker- One game division winner game Monday at Wrigley- Win you get a couple days off, lose and you play the following day in the wildcard one game playoff. 

Obviously if they win out its a moot point but I don't want any part of a one game playoff right now with as shitty as the bats have been. 

7 hours ago, Dewey said:

Jon Lester is a Bull, I'm following along and watching his pitch count rise and his velocity drop and am thinking "oh shit". Guy just toughed it out, Bote was the spark offensively. Just need to let things fall back in place.

Maybe the best FA signing in the history of the Cubs.

Just now, JimmyHoffa said:

Ha, yeah I would throw Zobrist in there as well, but for all he has done the Cubs aren't in their 4th straight playoffs and probably don't have the title without Lester.

No doubt the Lester signing is the best, and the Arrieta trade was the best trade. 

2 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

You may be short-changing one. 

That's true, but at the time I thought it was a pretty even trade for both teams. I still feel bad for Rizzo that Cashner has been making more money per year than him. 

Considering the Cubs traded for Ryno and Sosa as well. 

Brewers fan here. Not often we get relevant discussion on the Shag Surl.

Given how hot we are and how tepid y'all are, I like our chances. But Quintana has like a 0.00 ERA against the Brewers this season while he's sucked shit through a straw against everyone else.

Also, currently in Chicago for work and the thought of getting anything done today is laughable.

3 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Brewers fan here. Not often we get relevant discussion on the Shag Surl.

Given how hot we are and how tepid y'all are, I like our chances. But Quintana has like a 0.00 ERA against the Brewers this season while he's sucked shit through a straw against everyone else.

Also, currently in Chicago for work and the thought of getting anything done today is laughable.

I feel like the Brewers are due to lose a game, but Maddon's quick hook has me nervous. I think this is going to be a long game with lots of moves and changes, but I am hopefully this lineup today will go back to grinding out AB's and put some pressure on. I won't be surprised with any result that happens today, this is a complete toss-up.