2018 Chicago Cubs

Disco Missile

1 minute ago, Monster said:

Going to be tough to go all the way without a true closer.  Chapman was huge in 2016.

enter Yu Darvish...

if only. like i've said though, Edwards has closer potential more so than Strop. Maybe he gets his chance next year, if not sooner.

Edited by Goo Punch

19 hours ago, Dewey said:

...d475da4268368bdf0d315182c84acdb1.jpg

Such fucking BS. 

Today- Brewers 7:05

Tues- Brewers 7:05

Wed- Brewers 7:05

Thur- @Wash 3:05

Fri- Pit 1:20

They obviously still are in the driver's seat but the Brewers have a hell of a lot easier remaining schedule. Huge series they have to win 2 or 3 staring tonight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Blutarsky said:

Mrs. Blutarsky has a conference in Chicago next week so we're taking junior to a game on Sunday for his first birthday.  It's been a few years since I've been, and obviously never with a munchkin in tow, anyone been to Wrigley lately and have some tips? It'll be a new experience going fairly sober. 

Yeah I've got nothing. 

5 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Pedro better not be fucking hurt bad because if he is Joe is never going to be able to explain that fucking horrible decision away. 

Thought the same thing. Bases loaded in the 10th with a one run lead and you don't pinch hit for Strope?   Any position in the lineup gives you a 30%-40% chance to add more runs.  

i guess Joe has zero faith in all but 2-3 relievers...all of whom had already pitched. 

I don't second guess Joe very often, but that was a weird decision before the hamstring.

Edited by Monster

I didnt watch the game and I dont like to play manager or coach, but that you just dont do. I suppose all these games in a row, long season as it is and the delays and postponements add up and even the manager has a brain fart. If he wanted Strop to finish it out, should have told him to keep the bat on his shoulder at the very least. Just stare at strike 3 and get back on the.mound, based loaded and all.

I really hope Morrow is being truthful in his rehab and that he really is on the schedule he says he is.

Always a grind.

5 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I didnt watch the game and I dont like to play manager or coach, but that you just dont do. I suppose all these games in a row, long season as it is and the delays and postponements add up and even the manager has a brain fart. If he wanted Strop to finish it out, should have told him to keep the bat on his shoulder at the very least. Just stare at strike 3 and get back on the.mound, based loaded and all.

I really hope Morrow is being truthful in his rehab and that he really is on the schedule he says he is.

Always a grind.

Yeah, Joe made a mistake and allowed him to hit. HOWEVER, how in the fuck did all of the other coaches in the dugout not tell him that it was an awful decision??

And the grind is fucking real. Even if you have an off day or two mixed in that is a crazy amount of baseball and travel to stay at your peek. Need to take care of business as the Brewers schedule down the stretch is much easier than ours. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

Seriously, aside.from last night, I havent looked, but it feels every game is tight and low scoring. Guys are gassed, you can tell by looking at the lineup. This stretch of 30 games in a row is ridiculous, it would be so before the break, but we're in the heat of it now with Milwaukee nipping, so it's not like Joe can tell the guys to "sit this one out".

Manfred and Mlb can suck it.

A little perspective: 

What if I told you …

The Chicago Cubs were about to embark on a stretch of 30 straight days of scheduled games, 16 of which would be on the road, and the Cubs would travel to a new city 10 times, including twice going to a city for a single game. The Cubs would also be waiting out a dozen hours of rain delays, and would have to pick up a suspended game the following day. Further, 17 of the 29 games that were ultimately played would come against teams with winning records.

What kind of record for those 29 games would you consider … acceptable? Good? Great? Incredible?

On the season, the Chicago Cubs – who have the best record in the National League – have a .586 winning percentage.

For these 30 days of hell, the Chicago Cubs went 18-11. That’s a .621 winning percentage.

If that’s not an incredible outcome, I don’t know what is.

The Cubs came into this stretch of games with a 2.5-game lead in the NL Central over the Brewers, then the second best team in the NL. Over this time, the Brewers have felt like an unstoppable force, almost never losing, includig taking four of six from the Cubs. Yet, here at the end of these 30 days, they stand no closer to the Cubs than they started: 2.5 games back.

https://www.bleachernation.com/2018/09/20/30-for-30-the-utterly-incredible-month-of-the-chicago-cubs/

Oh by the way they still have the best record in the NL.

All that said I don't like seeing the Dodgers getting hot right now. Hopefully today's day off and playing the last 10 games of the season without having to leave the city of Chicago will give them the juice to finish strong.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

The Brewers are starting to become a problem again  .    Or are we not talking about this out of superstition ?

Fuck the Brewers. The Cubs need to look in the mirror and nut up. They have to win fucking games if they want to win the division, which gee what a concept. If they win it doesn't matter what the Brewers (and obviously the Cards) do the rest of the way. 

That said I would be fine with the Cardinals winning the next two and the Cubs winning the next 3 and having the division clinched before St. Louis comes to town.