Foster Care... and Why doesn't the love of the Republican party for the unborn, extend to the actually Born?

horn4life

The simple answer, "Is it is a LOT easier to talk about loving children than raising them and ACTUALLY loving them."  that's the issue in a nutshell.

I would do some actual research, but if I am wrong,  PLEASE point out why we have so many kids (that are alive) lingering in the Texas Foster care System?  And how many Republican white male representatives of our State actually care enough for the "Born" to foster or adopt a child they "so love in the womb...'

Of course it's a LOT easier to pretend to care, with rallies and exhortations, it's a lot fucking harder to actually take care of a child that is unwanted.  And that's where the rubber hits the road.  Somebody tell me I am full of shit and tell me 20% of those that "love the unborn" that are Statewide elected officials actually foster or adopt the BORN children they pretend to care about.

So why with all the GOP love is there a Foster Care Crisis in Texas?  It's sort of an interesting question, isn't it?  

Texas foster care children exposed to sexual abuse, given wrong medication and neglected in unlicensed placements, new report says

The survivor whose namesake bill tackling Texas' rape kit backlog Gov. Abbott signed into law says his pledge to 'eliminate all rapists' is 'asinine'

It; really is a lot easier to pretend to care, isn't it?

IMAGINE if Republican politicians loved the babies after they are born?

Republican politicians are against abortion because of their pro-life supporters. Republican politicians do not need to support children post-birth because the pro-life crowd subscribes to the notion that charity is more efficient than public support.  It's as simple as that.

To be fair, a lot of people in the prolife crowd do foster and adopt but it is a very inefficient means of addressing the foster care problem.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Are they white? 

Yes. A lot of them are white (1/3) but poor white foster kids or the poor in general don't have a political value so nobody cares.

Not to sound like BT but you should probably think in terms of class rather than race. I can fucking guarantee you the vast majority of the kids in foster care come from the poorest class.

2 hours ago, F250 said:epublican politicians are against abortion because of their pro-life supporters. Republican politicians do not need to support children post-birth because the pro-life crowd subscribes to the notion that charity is more efficient than public support.  It's as simple as that.

To be fair, a lot of people in the prolife crowd do foster and adopt

A lot is a bit of an overstatement.  A small faction…say a minority of pro-lifers foster let alone adopt.  They are all talk.  I have a family full of pro-lifers and neither them nor their friends would ever take in a foster child let alone adopt.  They donate to charity but that’s the extent. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, F250 said:

Yes. A lot of them are white (1/3) but poor white foster kids or the poor in general don't have a political value so nobody cares.

Not to sound like BT but you should probably think in terms of class rather than race. I can fucking guarantee you the vast majority of the kids in foster care come from the poorest class.

I was really just being flippant.

10 minutes ago, Roger Kint said:

A lot is a bit of an overstatement.  A small faction…say a minority of pro-lifers foster let alone adopt.  They are all talk.  I have a family full of pro-lifers and neither them nor their friends would ever take in a foster child let alone adopt.  They donate to charity but that’s the extent. 

A misstatement. Most prolifers do not get involved in the system but many of the people involved in the system are prolifers from my experience. It was also my experience from being involved in CASA that many of them were Roman Catholic.

Once the kids are born they are making a personal choice to be in foster care. They should be out there pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. This is what's wrong with this country today, all these little titty babies sitting around in foster care instead of being out there trying to make a living.

This is how Republicans think.

• Hook 'Em 1

The abortion thing on the one hand, combined with the clear need on the other hand to me is simply fiscal stupidity. Before addressing the intrustion by mostly white men into women's reproductive lives, these same mostly white men don't address the actual needs of children in crisis, AS A RESULT OF THE GOVERNOR AND REPUBLICAN PARTY'S CONTINUAL NEGLECT OF THESE CHILDREN.  

It's too expensive to take care of the foster kids, and too expensive to fix our electrical grid, but money for an ineffective border wall, bounties and court costs for Abortion hunters flows freely.

I honestly wish that just once the Texas GOP leadership would actually SOLVE a fucking existing problem, than search so desperately for imaginary ones like transgender teens and bathrooms.  I know the appeal will fall on deaf ears.  But damn, take care of the unwanted kids you have in your custody before asking for a huge influx of more kids you don'w want to take care of.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Once the kids are born they are making a personal choice to be in foster care. They should be out there pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. This is what's wrong with this country today, all these little titty babies sitting around in foster care instead of being out there trying to make a living.

This is how Republicans think.

That and "it's their fault they weren't born in a white, Christian, wealthy family."

28 minutes ago, horn4life said:

The abortion thing on the one hand, combined with the clear need on the other hand to me is simply fiscal stupidity. Before addressing the intrustion by mostly white men into women's reproductive lives, these same mostly white men don't address the actual needs of children in crisis, AS A RESULT OF THE GOVERNOR AND REPUBLICAN PARTY'S CONTINUAL NEGLECT OF THESE CHILDREN.  

It's too expensive to take care of the foster kids, and too expensive to fix our electrical grid, but money for an ineffective border wall, bounties and court costs for Abortion hunters flows freely.

I honestly wish that just once the Texas GOP leadership would actually SOLVE a fucking existing problem, than search so desperately for imaginary ones like transgender teens and bathrooms.  I know the appeal will fall on deaf ears.  But damn, take care of the unwanted kids you have in your custody before asking for a huge influx of more kids you don'w want to take care of.

Oh you are dead ass, 100% wrong to imply that they don't. They do. It's just that their idea of "solving" a problem is to look at it and ask, as Bill Maher put it, "what would a dick do?"