Game Week: Gonzaga

Wulaw Horn

We are a basketball school now bitches! 
Thanks to lazy and entitled late era Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, Mensa, and *7 Win Steve (*aspirational), I don’t know if I’ve been this excited for a hoops season to begin since the Kevin Durant 1 and done. 
On a serious note- hoops looks awesome and like it’s in the right hands. It’s bizarre to me that we can attack the portal there and not only fill every hole but stockpile talent in a sport that most don’t give a shit about around here, but we are three coaches in to doing not much to use this to an advantage to us in our primary bread and butter sport. 
Pray for Ewers, the Brock’s, and a WR with some skills to portal in, and like the hoops team we could turn it around in a hurry. Without that, man, well we look like Hoops might be fun into late March (hopefully first Monday in April) and the baseball team looks Omaha quality again. 
Man, we have to do something to fix football. It’s amazing that it can be so far behind just about every other program on campus. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s a joke. And also there’s football in the post. 

I think there were enough bullshit threads started in the football forum tonight. But okay. 

I mean... nothing personal but c'mon man.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think there were enough bullshit threads started in the football forum tonight. But okay. 

I mean... nothing personal but c'mon man.

I start the football game week threads.  Nobody cares about football right now. We have an incredible contrast between filling holes in the portal right now and not doing work there. It’s a contrast that’s topical for football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are a basketball school now bitches! 
Thanks to lazy and entitled late era Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, Mensa, and *7 Win Steve (*aspirational), I don’t know if I’ve been this excited for a hoops season to begin since the Kevin Durant 1 and done. 
On a serious note- hoops looks awesome and like it’s in the right hands. It’s bizarre to me that we can attack the portal there and not only fill every hole but stockpile talent in a sport that most don’t give a shit about around here, but we are three coaches in to doing not much to use this to an advantage to us in our primary bread and butter sport. 
Pray for Ewers, the Brock’s, and a WR with some skills to portal in, and like the hoops team we could turn it around in a hurry. Without that, man, well we look like Hoops might be fun into late March (hopefully first Monday in April) and the baseball team looks Omaha quality again. 
Man, we have to do something to fix football. It’s amazing that it can be so far behind just about every other program on campus. 

Thanks for the fuel for my PTSD. I do not want to belive anything about the basketball team. I love Beard, and so want to be wrong, but my psychy just can't let me jump on board yet. We've been here before with football and basketball.