I am in desparate need of a Pentair 520657 motherboard, I can't find one anywhere

Elvis

9 hours ago, destroya said:

those guys have decided to let anyone order anything and will just be "in line" for it. Almost guarantee they won't have it in stock.  Last thing I ordered from them took 5 months.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

My local rep laughed when I asked.  Pentair is way behind on production especially when it comes to electronic parts.  And to be fair, so is Hayward and I would assume Jandy.  He's going to see if there's an upgrade "kit" that you may be able to get at nominally the same price and is actually available.  

My system is almost completely manual for now.  The board will tell the pool to turn on and off on schedule, but that's it.  None of the relays will communicate out to the valves, lights, heater, blower, or booster pump.  No relays.

Blower relay and lighting relays started mis-behaving about 6 weeks ago after a big storm, possibly lightning.

Then the cleaner stopped working reliably about 2 weeks ago.

Valve relays were working Thursday, not they're not.

That's got to be the board, right?

I figured out how to manipulate the motorized valves into the different configuarations for normal operation, water fall, and spa.  I can turn the heater on manually too.  Pool heating now.

Oh yeah, I just replaced the pool heater on Friday for $4300.  It's been repaired every year for 7-8 years, so I said fuck it.  I want warm water for spring break.

50 minutes ago, Elvis said:

My system is almost completely manual for now.  The board will tell the pool to turn on and off on schedule, but that's it.  None of the relays will communicate out to the valves, lights, heater, blower, or booster pump.  No relays.

Blower relay and lighting relays started mis-behaving about 6 weeks ago after a big storm, possibly lightning.

Then the cleaner stopped working reliably about 2 weeks ago.

Valve relays were working Thursday, not they're not.

That's got to be the board, right?

I figured out how to manipulate the motorized valves into the different configuarations for normal operation, water fall, and spa.  I can turn the heater on manually too.  Pool heating now.

Oh yeah, I just replaced the pool heater on Friday for $4300.  It's been repaired every year for 7-8 years, so I said fuck it.  I want warm water for spring break.

Any of the low volatage breakers (upper right on main panel) tripped/tripping?  It would be weird IMO for the board to fail in stages like that.  Board still possible but could be breakers or transformer issue as well.

Yeah, I pressed my pool guy on that.  A bad transformer is my hope.  We were reading higher than normal voltage on the relay breaker (22 instead of 18) and valve breaker (30 instead of 24).  He said that was ok, but I didn't agree.

9 hours ago, Elvis said:

Yeah, I pressed my pool guy on that.  A bad transformer is my hope.  We were reading higher than normal voltage on the relay breaker (22 instead of 18) and valve breaker (30 instead of 24).  He said that was ok, but I didn't 

Where are you located and if in TX how old is your equipment?  Past warranty?  I sttuck out on your board

3 hours ago, Elvis said:

Pool equipment is from 2009, but the board was replaced in 2018 under a homeshield warranty.  I'm in Round Rock.

I found this....

https://saturationregion.blogspot.com/2020/01/help-my-aux-circuits-or-valves-stopped.html

Would be a real cheap solution if turns out to be it. If you or someone you know likes to solder it looks pretty DIY doable and can get chips off Amazon/ebay I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 12:29 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Would be a real cheap solution if turns out to be it. If you or someone you know likes to solder it looks pretty DIY doable and can get chips off Amazon/ebay I'm sure.

It worked!  Praise be to He. Now I just need to un-hotwire everything and fix the programming.  $4 instead of a grand.

My son gets credit for seating the microchips while listening to the Interstellar soundtrack song “docking”

• Hook 'Em 1