Tottenham Hotspur 2022-23: Conte the Magician

Captain Ron

17 minutes ago, midtown said:

Isn't he in the last year of his contract?  So either sell him this summer for $90 mil or get zero next summer?

you trust levy with no manager, no sporting director and bale money v2.0?

might as well get another season out of harry to try and get back in a euro competition. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, midtown said:

Isn't he in the last year of his contract?  So either sell him this summer for $90 mil or get zero next summer?

No one is paying $90m for him with a year left on his contract. I believe the rationale is to keep him, get a good manager and Sporting Director in, and get him to sign a new contract.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Fuck him. I’m still pissed about Liverpool 

This season was fucked well before Liverpool. That was an awful mistake, but in the grand scheme of things, it didn't matter. 

You should remember the UCL run in 2019. Greatest moment in club history in the past several years. 

He was a player. He was also the last player Poch was given back in January of 2018. Ndombele and Lo Celso came in the summer of 2019 before Poch was sacked in early November, and were battling nagging injuries that limited their usage and effectiveness. Moura was really the only impactful transfer Poch was given his last 18 months. 

Edited by DeepEastTexas
Spelling
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

That stretch of no transfers was wild. 

What was it again?  Never in the history of football that has happened? Or something like that minus suspension or whatever 

Yeah, and people bitch at Poch for not winning. Jesus, he didn't have any depth! Harry was out for months in 2019 with an awful ankle injury, Son and Dele were both out for extended periods with suspensions and injuries, Eriksen was being ridden into the ground because we had ZERO midfield depth, and in some games Moussa Sissoko was our best or second best player. MOUSSA SISSOKO!

Yet Poch still managed to get past Dortmund, City, and Ajax. Pretty remarkable. 

And we don't have a manager.....still. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Not having a sporting director in place?

We need a Sporting Director in place so he can hire our next manager in December. I don't know anything about this Aussie, but if we passed on all the other names that were rumored to be interested, and settled on him, he better be amazing. If he gets off to a slow start, it could be curtains for him early. 

Levy could fuck up a one car funeral. 

1 hour ago, DeepEastTexas said:

We need a Sporting Director in place so he can hire our next manager in December. I don't know anything about this Aussie, but if we passed on all the other names that were rumored to be interested, and settled on him, he better be amazing. If he gets off to a slow start, it could be curtains for him early. 

Levy could fuck up a one car funeral. 

He worked with Munn at Melbourne.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

His system is basically Pep's attacking 4-3-3 system. He'll likely have a learning curve in the EPL.

dude’s won everywhere he’s been and will be hungry to prove himself. gonna need a strong summer of recruitment though.

assuming levy doesnt bork this up, it will be nice to have a manager who plays attacking football and doesn’t think he’s too big for the club again.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

dude’s won everywhere he’s been and will be hungry to prove himself. gonna need a strong summer of recruitment though.

assuming levy doesnt bork this up, it will be nice to have a manager who plays attacking football and doesn’t think he’s too big for the club again.

Definitely need a GK that can play out the back, a ball playing LCB, and potentially a LB. Need to clear out a lot of players.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

I'm still waiting for us to fuck this up, again.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/05/tottenham-hotspur-ange-postecoglou-manager-squad-clearout/

Everyone is saying Postecoglu has agreed to terms just working out compensation with Celtic and it shouldn't be an issue. Planning a big clearout this summer.

I've read 7 or more players will be leaving, Perisic, Sanchez, Winks, Tanganga, Lloris, Sessegnon, and Reguilon. 

Need to add Ndombele to the list. He's been at Spurs for 4 years now, and has failed 5 managers; Poch, Jose, Mason, Nuno, and Conte. I think we know what we have with him at this point and his loaned clubs don't want him and even complained about him. 

30 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I've read 7 or more players will be leaving, Perisic, Sanchez, Winks, Tanganga, Lloris, Sessegnon, and Reguilon. 

Need to add Ndombele to the list. He's been at Spurs for 4 years now, and has failed 5 managers; Poch, Jose, Mason, Nuno, and Conte. I think we know what we have with him at this point and his loaned clubs don't want him and even complained about him. 

The issue with moving Ndombele is his wages. He also didn't really fit Jose, Nuno, or Conte's systems. I doubt he'd get fit enough to do the pressing required for Postecoglu's system.

Edited by Schulz2.0

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The issue with moving Ndombele is his wages. He also didn't really fit Jose, Nuno, or Conte's systems. I doubt he'd get fit enough to do the pressing required for Postecoglu's system.

If I am to believe reports about his contract being for 5 years at £10,400,000 per year (£200K per week), then that means this is his last year. In which case he can fuck off. Sell his ass and get something out of him, cause God knows we ain't gotten anything out of him the last 4 seasons. 

34 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

If I am to believe reports about his contract being for 5 years at £10,400,000 per year (£200K per week), then that means this is his last year. In which case he can fuck off. Sell his ass and get something out of him, cause God knows we ain't gotten anything out of him the last 4 seasons. 

Two years left (2025). I'm saying his salary is going to make it hard to move him. It's more likely that if we try to move him we'll have to loan him out another year with the other club covering maybe 20-25% of his wages. But I don't see Ange putting up with his attitude or lack of fitness to keep him in the squad.

Tottenham 23-24 - New Year, New Coach

Seriously, since (and including) the 2020-21 season (3+ seasons) Spurs have had SIX coaches!!! SEVEN if your count Mason twice!!!

And our opening day coach has been different since then:

20-21 - Mourinho (fired mid season)
21-22 - NES (fired mid season)
22-23 - Conte (fired mid season)
23-24 - Postecoglou

Edited by Captain Ron