22-23 Fantasy League

Baboontyme

52 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Cool. I'm good with whatever, just a thought I had. Or we could do an expansion draft, as long as it doesn't cost us Mahorn. Sorry that's my childhood trauma showing. Looking forward to the draft.

an expansion draft is an interesting idea. we'd need to flesh it out,  it that could a fun, fair way to give the two new teams some keepers. say each team gets 4-5 players to name as off limits, then let the two new teams choose any two players drafted after 'round x'. something like that? i dunno, i'll keep thinking about the specifics, but i like the idea.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:42 AM, shadow_operative said:

updated keepers:

sabonis, round 3

KD, round 3

Ja, round 4

dejounte, round 6

garland, round 7

kyrie, round 7

barnes, round 8

ingram, round 9

poole, round 10

sengun, round 10

mobley, round 11

this is the last iteration of the list that i have, except that durdy switched murray in for barnes.

This is the list I put together matched with posters, draft order and teams. Still need z's keepers.

8. ztejas - Chief Sitting Out - Giddey R9 Ant R10 

7. Rex Wilson - Mattress Firm Sleeping Spree - Kyrie (7th) Alperen Sengun (10th)

6. Capn81 - Capn 81 - CP3 (5th) LaMelo (2nd)

5. Durdy - Done Durdy - Jamal Murray (10th) E. mobley (11th)

4. Baboontyme - Baboon's Goons - Jordan Poole (10th) Brandon Ingram (9th)

3. Derka/shadow operative - Omar Comin - Sabonis (3rd) Dejounte (6th)

2. Timbo52 - I'm Rick James Bitch - Ja Morant (4th) Darius Garland (7th)

1. BallamaticBevo - Lemon Pepper Lou - KD (3rd)

@shadow_operative putting this in the OP for ease of finding

Edited by Baboontyme

12 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Just got the email and came to check the thread. Where were you a week ago @NOMAAA? Oh well prob not a bad thing my buddy is tag teaming. A 9 pm est draft on a school night is probably too late for him anyway. Though I was thinking if we want to go to ten next year and can fill the spots, what are teams 9 and 10 going to do for keepers? Seems like a tough sell if we are just saying no keepers for you.

Derka, do you know what you need to do to wipe the current rosters? Does it just make you do that when you start the draft? 

I mean I didn't draft any keepers my first year. 

We could do something like allow two keepers from round 6 or earlier that no one kept.

• Baboontyme changed the title to 22-23 Fantasy League Draft This Sunday 10/16 @ 8 PM CDT
1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Remind me what we do - winner takes all? 

Why don't we call it $125. 

normally we would pay out to the regular season winner and then 1st-3rd, with six teams making the playoffs. this year however with 8 teams, it's set up to where four teams will make the playoffs, and i think we should pay out the regular season winner and then first and second. 

if we do $125 as the buy in, we could give $250 to the regular season winner and then $750 for the final two to chop however they see fit. that also makes it simple for everyone to pay out at the end.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

Thanks everyone for being cool with pausing and reverting picks and all of that. Nice efficient draft other than the one hiccup. I hate my fucking team. I somehow missed that Steph was still on the board when I picked at 2.5.

Oh and esp thanks to Capn for being a good sport about drafting a later ADP player because there was no easy option to fix it in the manager tools. 

Edited by Baboontyme
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for being cool with pausing and reverting picks and all of that. Nice efficient draft other than the one hiccup. I hate my fucking team. I somehow missed that Steph was still on the board when I picked at 2.5.
Oh and esp thanks to Capn for being a good sport about drafting a later ADP player because there was no easy option to fix it in the manager tools. 

All good. Thanks for setting up everything!

Honestly, again, too much of a concession to restart things and let me re-pick. I feel so dirty having that be a thing.

That said holy shit was the intention after that to let me draft a monster?

Y'all might be fucked. Your boy has a fucking squad. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

8 team league though. I know y'all have some nice fucking teams. Let's see it. 

yeah, that's the thing- in an 8 team league we all look pretty stacked right now. my partner and i (pause) are quite happy with our team as well:

C4ADA086-0405-42A3-B394-CF188A722F73.thumb.jpeg.fa75d9e0a05c2e87a62230c279c09f06.jpeg

0071C54E-3093-4CE7-9CA7-8714E51D2F96.thumb.jpeg.72c14caba4fe82db4457ea4384994db4.jpeg

and just for shits and giggles we get Chet in round 16 next year should we so choose. all that said, eveyrone has a good looking team right now. rex has his usual, annoyingly balanced and loaded roster, and timmy has a roster that i really like as well. not to mention there's a team that has KD and Jokic, two top five picks on it, lol. it's going to be a wild season. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah, that's the thing- in an 8 team league we all look pretty stacked right now. my partner and i (pause) are quite happy with our team as well:

C4ADA086-0405-42A3-B394-CF188A722F73.thumb.jpeg.fa75d9e0a05c2e87a62230c279c09f06.jpeg

0071C54E-3093-4CE7-9CA7-8714E51D2F96.thumb.jpeg.72c14caba4fe82db4457ea4384994db4.jpeg

and just got shots and giggles we get Chet in round 16 next year should we so choose. that said, eveyrone has a good looking team right now. rex has his usual, annoyingly balanced and loaded roster, and timmy has a roster that i really like as well. not to mention there's a team that has KD and Jokic, two top five picks on it, lol. it's going to be a wild season. 

Nah y'all fadin on the back half. You ain't shit. You in for it. Got cocky about them past results. 

Just now, shadow_operative said:

6C6E13EC-4557-49AC-8C03-E7E87A5B86F1.thumb.jpeg.c7c1f3958a93c8ac5a888cff3d7c6296.jpeg

i'll take this back half over most. just watch when Russ gets traded and is back at 30 mpg, and when myles turner gets traded and Jackson is playing 25 mpg. and we get robert williams joining the squad in 8 weeks? sshhheeeiiiittttt. we good. 

Honestly I like it. JoVal slipped wayyyy too late. I made a comment in the draft about that shit. 

I feel like you're a high ceiling/low floor though. You have a lot of guys that could potentially go down early.

With good health I'm the team to beat. Come get it, hoes. 

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

Honestly, again, too much of a concession to restart things and let me re-pick. I feel so dirty having that be a thing.

That said holy shit was the intention after that to let me draft a monster?

Y'all might be fucked. Your boy has a fucking squad. 

So in retrospect, this was not a big deal at all. I know you were lit up last night but don't feel bad about it at all. We had to go back and revert all picks to Capn's pick at 2.3. Your picks were 1.8 and 2.1 so the only pick in between was Mattress Firm and he picked AD. I think the first time around for your auto draft you wound up with Steph and Dame so no harm no foul. 

• Baboontyme changed the title to 22-23 Fantasy League
1 hour ago, BallamaticBevo said:

how we feelin after that first week. I thought I was managing pretty hard and had a nice lead behind Jokic's 2 Triple Ds and just other pure dominance then Chief came back to tie it up. Great match up! This 8 team league is going to be tough as we all have guys that can go off!

Timmy and Durdy's matchup was nuts. they were tied in like 7 different categories at various points yesterday, with durdy up big at one point, only to end up losing 1-8-3 at the end of the day. like you said, lots of tight matchups and lots of really good teams. gonna be a wild year. 

On 10/24/2022 at 4:53 PM, BallamaticBevo said:

how we feelin after that first week. I thought I was managing pretty hard and had a nice lead behind Jokic's 2 Triple Ds and just other pure dominance then Chief came back to tie it up. Great match up! This 8 team league is going to be tough as we all have guys that can go off!

Yeah that was a tight one. I figured I'd come back on Sunday as I had more guys going. 

I think the separation between top teams and bottom teams will be much smaller with only 8 squads. 7-5 seems like a good week with something like 8-4 or 9-3 being an ass-whipping. 

Awesome that I already have 3 guys listed as O halfway into week 2.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I don't know who Sleeping Spree is but I was hanging tough all week then just got fucked in the ass over this last window. 

I'm not saying this just to bitch and I'm good for my money but going forward we can't do 8 teams again. Everything is way too tight. It introduces a lot more random chance into week by week results and also waters down roster construction during the season. 

We need at least 10 optimally 12 I think. 

• Like 1

baboon has a guy and i have a guy, so we should be good to go back to 10 at minimum next year.

also, not that anyone here will agree with me, and not that it hasn't worked out really well for me, because it has, but i hate that this became a keeper league. we went 6-7 years as a non-keeper league, then suddenly some people wanted to change it so we did, and i just hate it. i like having the entire talent pool available every year, and with the insane amount of talent these days, pretty much every team ends up with absolute studs being stashed for the back half of the draft, which i also don't like, even though as i said it's benefitted me more than most. o definitely would prefer to go back to a non keeper league.

• Like 1

I don't know who Sleeping Spree is but I was hanging tough all week then just got fucked in the ass over this last window. 
I'm not saying this just to bitch and I'm good for my money but going forward we can't do 8 teams again. Everything is way too tight. It introduces a lot more random chance into week by week results and also waters down roster construction during the season. 
We need at least 10 optimally 12 I think. 

I hear you. In a normal league, I feel like I have an understanding of what I need to improve. Feels like the strategy is to drop as many guys as you can each week to out play the other team. Not sure if there is a strategy to actually win other than get more games than your opponent.
baboon has a guy and i have a guy, so we should be good to go back to 10 at minimum next year.

also, not that anyone here will agree with me, and not that it hasn't worked out really well for me, because it has, but i hate that this became a keeper league. we went 6-7 years as a non-keeper league, then suddenly some people wanted to change it so we did, and i just hate it. i like having the entire talent pool available every year, and with the insane amount of talent these days, pretty much every team ends up with absolute studs being stashed for the back half of the draft, which i also don't like, even though as i said it's benefitted me more than most. o definitely would prefer to go back to a non keeper league.

I’d be cool with no keepers going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Capn81 said:

I hear you. In a normal league, I feel like I have an understanding of what I need to improve. Feels like the strategy is to drop as many guys as you can each week to out play the other team. Not sure if there is a strategy to actually win other than get more games than your opponent.
I’d be cool with no keepers going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this is a viable strategy. That is kind of what I did last year and I did ok but was exposed in the playoffs by better teams. One weird shift this year is with such deep rosters you don't really have the flexibility to drop/add like we did last year. I have one or two expendable players at best and I have 3 guys on IR. Once those dudes are healthy I don't think I will have anyone I'm willing to play the add/drop game with. I guess we will all get comfortable either dropping dudes that seem like 4th round picks or just holding rosters for the season. 

• Hook 'Em 1