U2 at the Vegas Sphere

NOMAAA

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

oh.  i didnt have a bad time.

One of the worst tour experiences of my life, but not due to the band's performance.. I saw their original Joshua Tree tour at the FEC in '87 (and the Zoo TV tour in '92) and both were exceptional. When they announced their 30th anniversary Joshua Tree tour I was thrilled to be able to take Mrs GOTJ to the show as she had told me many times over the years how she could have gone to the FEC show in '87, but her mom didn't wouldn't let her 15 years old daughter road trip to Austin from San Antonio with her friends. She was devastated. 

You can't make up for the past, man. We paid way too much for mid lower level tix at Jerry World which may be the worst place on earth to see a concert. On top of that, the guy immediately to my right was so fucked up he was spilling his beer all over 3 rows of people while he danced as if having a grand mal seizure at the opening notes of Where the Streets Have No Name. He was the biggest drunken asshole I've ever been next to at a concert. 

Edge was awesome, and he carries the band in so many ways. Yeah, they're thickening their live sound offstage which is understandable given the limitations of 3 musicians and a vocalist in a live setting. Their production is obviously first rate. But Bono, man. He did all he could with what's left of his voice, but years of overuse and stop and start smoking haven't been kind. If you've never seen them and you're a fan I doubt you'll be disappointed, but temper your expectations especially when it comes to Bono's ability to deliver his signature impassioned singing.

• 4 months later...