Spurs 2023-24: Let's Put Another Shrimp on the Barbie!

Schulz2.0

Are we better without Kane up top? Seems like we are moving the ball much better around the box because we don’t have a singular target to force the ball to. 

or more likely it’s Ange is outright awesome and plays a much more effective style of play that fits our players. I’m sure Kane would still be awesome, but I’m excited to see what we do with the 100 million we got for him. Go get 2-3 guys that fits Ange’s style at the winter window and this team could be scary scary good.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Are we better without Kane up top? Seems like we are moving the ball much better around the box because we don’t have a singular target to force the ball to. 

or more likely it’s Ange is outright awesome and plays a much more effective style of play that fits our players. I’m sure Kane would still be awesome, but I’m excited to see what we do with the 100 million we got for him. Go get 2-3 guys that fits Ange’s style at the winter window and this team could be scary scary good.

I think our improvements are really independent of Kane.

The biggest thing is the addition of James Maddison. With him our midfield again has a creator that can distribute the ball. And while the team was able to do that before, now we have a passing threat that can penetrate, which we didn't have before. His addition has been huge. 

I also think the team was setup around a style of play that really suits them. And that is much more fun for this team to execute. I mean who doesn't want to have such a creative attack like this?

If Kane was still here, I think we would be a lot better because that attack would be devastating.

..............Kane

Son - Maddison - Kulusevski

.........Bissouma - Sarr

And then your back 4.

Kane wouldn't be a focus, he would be another weapon out there. And it would be really tough to defend.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

The biggest thing is the addition of James Maddison. With him our midfield again has a creator that can distribute the ball. And while the team was able to do that before, now we have a passing threat that can penetrate, which we didn't have before. His addition has been huge. 

I also think the team was setup around a style of play that really suits them. And that is much more fun for this team to execute. I mean who doesn't want to have such a creative attack like this?

Big Ange and the midfield have been the biggest differences, 1 and 1a.  I've been bitching for nearly 3 years about our midfield.  Lo Celso and Ndombele weren't it.  One had overrated technical qualities, one was moody, overweight and didn't put forth any effort.  Didn't help that Jose, Nuno, and Antonio didn't want to play attacking futbol.  Antonio only wanted to attack the EPL down the wings.  You can't do that, you have to attack the midfield. 

Getting Bissouma, and more importantly, having Big Ange play him, has really solidified our midfield.  Maddison was the last piece and he's putting forth a masterclass under Ange's reign.  He's what we lacked since Eriksen left.  Our midfield now brings to mind our midfield from 5-6 years ago with Eriksen and Dembele.  I still contend that if Dembele had been fit, and not left for China in the January transfer window, our 2019 UCL final against Liverpool might have gone differently. Granted, Kane was injured, but Dembele over Sissoko would have been much better. 

COYS!!!! Let's get all three today against Palace!

19 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Wow. Just got back and saw the goal for Palace - WTF?!?!!? That’s a handball. Glad it didn’t cost spurs the game. 

Definitely a handball. What’s the point of VAR if they aren’t getting calls right. I guess today was a payback for the bad miss that got us 3 points a few games back 

On 10/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, Captain Ron said:

I think our improvements are really independent of Kane.

If Kane was still here, I think we would be a lot better because that attack would be devastating.

..............Kane

Son - Maddison - Kulusevski

.........Bissouma - Sarr

And then your back 4.

Kane wouldn't be a focus, he would be another weapon out there. And it would be really tough to defend.

we’d be lethal with kane.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1718282811013046418?

Edited by mr. littlejeans

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I just got to Austin. 

Romero is a fucking idiot. 

Yes he is and the red is deserved, but Oliver failed to get the match under control early on.  He didn't come back and talk to Romero or Thiago after Romero got hit in the back and Romero kicked out at him.  There's been pushing and shoving and chirping the entire first half.  Even Ange got a yellow. The constant VAR checks got everyone on the pitch frustrated. 

And now we're down to 9.  Fan-fucking-tastic.  

39 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Yes he is and the red is deserved, but Oliver failed to get the match under control early on.  He didn't come back and talk to Romero or Thiago after Romero got hit in the back and Romero kicked out at him.  There's been pushing and shoving and chirping the entire first half.  Even Ange got a yellow. The constant VAR checks got everyone on the pitch frustrated. 

And now we're down to 9.  Fan-fucking-tastic.  

He failed to get the match under control when Romero was going crazy. Guy cost us this game.